Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock Glock 34 Production Shooters...

Lifeislarge

What is your supersoft bunny fart load that makes minor power factor? Only looking for replies from guys who are shooting stock Glock 34s in production. At this point I am not interested in changing springs or the barrel and tuning the gun to the load.

There's a ton of threads on the forum regarding 9 mm loads but it's hard to find specific information for this gun only in factory setup. I don't care if you've done a $.25 polish job or changed the sights but those are about the only alterations that can work in this thread.

If you're using unobtanium powders like N320 you're just going to make me sad. I have 231, Unique, 700X, Red Dot, and WST. I'm ready to put in a bullet order and would like some input before I do. I can't afford to be buying sample batches or 500 bullets at a time that I don't like. As always your input and experience is greatly appreciated.

Glock 34 Gen 4 - 147 gr xtreme bullets, 3.5 gr HP-38/w231 (same thing) gets around 130pf for me.

EDIT: FWIW, I do shoot production with this cocktail

Edited by JPG

G34 Gen 3 - MG 124 JHP - HP38 4.4. I actually shot Limited, not production, but this also gets about 130PF. I also shoot this load in my G17 for practice. Hope this helps.

Thanks Sarge :( I'm going to collate the answers and see if I can find some common denominators like bullet weight, OAL, powder etc. Too many choices and I don't find working up a load to be fun. The range I have to go to to chrono is 40 minutes away and it's a PITA to head down there to shoot for 30 minutes. I'm new to loading 9mm and not sure how the different bullet weights make the G34 feel.

Sorry to make you sad but the best load ever in my 34 was MG 124CMJ @1.13 over 4.2 N320. Made 132 PF all day every day

4.2 of 231 is pretty good though

Same here except I use 4.3 gr's.

Another load I have used but is a little snappy but very accurate is 5.1-5.2 gr's of autocomp. Not the best but it works if that is the only powder you have.

Edited by Mbauer67

124 gr CMJ projectiles over 4.4 grs of W231 is ~130 PF in my G34

I don't load any lighter than that since the projectiles I used have some variance in their weight....and usually its under 124

Edited by Onagoth

So why 124 versus 147?

I found 147's felt sluggish for what little advantage the perceived softness offered. 124's can be made to shoot plenty soft with the right load and as mentioned you get an extra 750 per case. I have talked to a few much more accomplished shooters than I will ever be and they have expressed trying 147's but ultimately going back to 124's for the same reasons as me. Of course, some will swear to the exact opposite so your best bet is to order 500 of each and try them for yourself. I know 500 seems like a lot but it's actually not when you are searching for optimum loads. I bought 1000 147's and shot them all before reaching a final conclusion of their worth.

Try EXTREME plated bullets. They are great bullets that are priced very well. I am shooting their 124's and they appear to be every bit as accurate as MG 124's out of an XDM

Try EXTREME plated bullets. They are great bullets that are priced very well. I am shooting their 124's and they appear to be every bit as accurate as MG 124's out of an XDM

Sarge, are you using the Extreme 124 HP or RN? Thanks in advance.

Sarge, are you using the Extreme 124 HP or RN? Thanks in advance.

RN for now in minor loads. I will eventually try some 115 or 124 HP's for MAJOR.

4.6gr IMR 7625 with Berrys 124gr is good for an easy 1050fps. I do run a 14lb spring and steel guide rod which I highly recommend.

I also have some 700x and have worked up a load for that...I don't like how it meters so I use it for practice and as a rainy day load.

The 7625 meters like water and has shown to be an excellent powder for 9mm.

I agree with the above posts on HP38/W231 too. 4.4gr worked well for me.

3.2 of W231 got me 128PF with the 147 Precision moly loaded to 1.125. I loaded up to 3.5gr and it just got harsh. I've ordered some 147gr Xtremes and I'm going to try them with all the powders I've got and hopefully I'll land on something good.

BB 147 @1.135 over 3.1 Titegroup or 3.6 WST make 132 PF

That's what I'm currently loading... 147gr Xtreme at 1.130 with 3.6gr of WST. I don't have the exact numbers on a chrono but it gave me about 900fps out of my Glock 19 and I'll be mostly using them in a 34, so I should have plenty of cushion.

Berry's 124gr with tite group 4.2 gr OAL. 1.13 132pf

Berry's 124 gr with E3 3.8gr. 1.13 OAL 130pf

Ibeji or Bayou bullets 124gr. with solo 1000 3.9gr. OAL 1.13 130pf

all shot out of a glock 34

I shot the 147's when I first started shooting, the gun felt sluggish just like Sarge said

the 124's feel much better in my opinion

Edited by stickboy44

124 grn. jacketed/plated:

3.8 of e3 @ 1.120

4.6 of IMR 7625 @ 1,120

4.1 of N320 @ 1.120

147 grn. jacketed/plated

3.3 of e3 @ 1.145

3.6 of N320 @ 1.145

3.7 of IMR 7625 @ 1.145

All 130 PF, all are clean, accurate and very soft in my guns.

Edited by bowenbuilt