Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm production

nick romero

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the Stock III :sight:

Sure it's next to impossible to get in the US, but where there's a will there's a way :ph34r:

Stock III:

witnessstock3.jpg

Stock II:

witnessstock2.jpg

Stock I:

eaa-witness-stock.gif

Limited Pro:

witness_limited_pro1.png

I actually prefer the Limited Pro :closedeyes: but these days it about what you can find.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Did Ben Stoeger and Eric Grauffel (took 1st and 2nd in the USPSA Production Nationals) use the Stock II pistolas?

Ben is certainly shooting a stock II and Eric I believe is shooting a stock II with extreme parts, but I think he has as stock III too.

My opinion is the best 9mm tanfoglio for production is the Stock II. the stock III is good too but the stock II has one difference which is the cone lock-up/bull barrel. the stock III was designed to be a cheaper option to help gain them some more market share against the CZ shadow.

both stock II and stock III are great pistols.

What about that other one that you wanted? Also the checkering appears to be fewer LPI than newer frames. Does it actually, or is that just my perception?

Can anyone actually find a limited pro in 9mm?

I built my own :devil:

IMG_20131111_174034_274-1_zps00ca0161.jp

Small frame style!

Edited by george76904

Sure it's next to impossible to get in the US, but where there's a will there's a way :ph34r:

Stock III:

witnessstock3.jpg

Stock II:

witnessstock2.jpg

Stock I:

eaa-witness-stock.gif

Limited Pro:

witness_limited_pro1.png

I actually prefer the Limited Pro :closedeyes: but these days it about what you can find.

Why do you prefer the limited pro? Very interested in reasons.

Can anyone actually find a limited pro in 9mm?

I managed to get a used Limited Pro not too long ago... it was one of 2 that popped up in the classified sections a few months back.

Gun works great for USPSA production division, now just got to get the shooter up to speed

Stock III:

witnessstock3.jpg

Stock II:

witnessstock2.jpg

Stock I:

eaa-witness-stock.gif

Limited Pro:

witness_limited_pro1.png

Why do you prefer the limited pro? Very interested in reasons.

I like the longer recoil system/sight radius and I feel like the Stock II is just a hair nose heavy.

I think the Stock II is the better gun between it and the Stock III. I was able to handle Eric's Stock III at production nationals and it is a big gun. (That sounds so weird...) It just felt too big and a little more front heavy that the II. I shoot the Stock II and it has been worked over by a great gunsmith and I prefer the weight and balance of it over the III.

Now I have a fantastic 9mm 124gr Xtreme RN load worked up for it, it is amazing how flat this gun will shoot. I shot it at Nationals and did ok but I only had the gun for 2 months prior and shouldn't have used it in the match. Although it ran fine, I just wasn't completely used to it yet. Lesson learned the hard way to not switch guns 2 months prior to a big match...

I have both the S2 and limited pro and I prefer the limited pro. It seems to balance better for me and shoots flatter. 9 mm pros are very hard to find now, S2 guns are now popping up on the used market. All tanfos need extensive trigger work, and even then, a CZ shadow with trigger job will be better in that regard. The workmanship on the tanfos is better however.

I just got a Stock II from a member here about 5-6 weeks ago and I truly could not be happier with it. I sent it off to J&L gunsmithing and Jim did a great job getting it production performing. The CZ's are great pistols but I'd take a Stock II any day of the week

Sent from my Flux Capacitor