Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Proposed Handgun Ban In San Francisco

jeff89

Didn't they try this once before?

When people around the country judge California; San Francisco, Berkely, Hollywood, Santa Monica, is usually what they're thinking about. :wacko:

Even for Calif, they're extremely left leaning, and it's not indicitive of the whole state, but more and more 'lefties' keep moving in, diluting the more conservitive votes :(

Actually Feinswine incurred a ban on handguns but the courts threw out that law since the state pre-empted local laws. Though with the left leaning people in the legislature and the liberal court system we have now, this one may actually stick. Erik, you got out just in time.

Vince

You know, when I moved to the US, I was excited about the idea of the "Land of the Free" and a rational approach to firearms ownership.

I must have moved to the wrong part.

At least I live (just) outside San Francisco :wacko:

Kevin

Wow - I remember growing up near San Francisco when you could easily park on the streets and we would visit the San Francisco Gun Exchange (quite large at that time). One of my grade-school class mates was Diane Feinstein's step-daughter & my math instructor was Mr. Moscone (cousin of the Mayor killed by a homophobic moron weilding -of course - a handgun). I never would have guesed things would slide down hill so far as this in San Francisco. Shame.

Didn't they try this once before?

When people around the country judge California; San Francisco, Berkely, Hollywood, Santa Monica, is usually what they're thinking about. :wacko:

Even for Calif, they're extremely left leaning, and it's not indicitive of the whole state, but more and more 'lefties' keep moving in, diluting the more conservitive votes :(

Yup. As I understand it, the SF ban is still on the books, but is moot since the courts ruled that it violated state pre-emption.

It'll be just like Chicago too! We all know how safe Chicago and DC are since those bad ol' guns are illegal.

It's funny how other parts of the country will take a step forward (like Ohio and Missouri enacting shall-issue carry laws), and then places like San Francisco will take two steps backward.

If they succeed, it's going to be a pain in the butt (perhaps impossible) to fly in and out of SFO with a gun, even to shoot matches. You can predict they'll be arresting people just like they're doing in New York now, federal laws be damned.

Having grown up in The City by the Bay, I can attest to its classy nice-ness in days gone by. A place to be proud of and proud to be FROM. But something awful happened in the 1970s and the true wackos moved into town... wreaking havoc and taking all the wrong drugs and serial killers began to emerge. It's been weird there ever since. Very weird. For a time it was likely the safest 'big city' in the country. And NOW look at it...! :angry::angry:

Seriously, does anybody really give a rat's ass about these online petitions? I don't think so. Why bother? There's probably a million e-petitions floating around out there that have absolutely no effect. None of the names are really verifiable, and most of the people signing aren't constituents, so legislators don't care.

It all seems pretty ridiculous. I guess it does make some people feel better without actually getting up from their position in front of a monitor.

Just another in a long line of publicity grabbing stunts by some newer supes who hope to be mayor someday too!

I live 11 minutes from this idiocy and have to drive into it every day. It used to be the city I was from. Now it’s the city I used to be from :-(

I’m from the place. I still love the place. But I don’t know many folks from the place who are still in the place.

--

Regards,

The real caution to be issued about online petitions is setting your hand to them at all and committing your system's identity to be tattoo'd into yet another damn' database somewhere or exposing yourself to intrusions of a badjazz-ware nature. I never take surveys or 'sign' petitions online. I just plain don't trust ANY of it.

If they succeed, it's going to be a pain in the butt (perhaps impossible) to fly in and out of SFO with a gun, even to shoot matches.

Fortunately, SFO is not in the City of San Francisco!

Seriously, does anybody really give a rat's ass about these online petitions? I don't think so. Why bother? There's probably a million e-petitions floating around out there that have absolutely no effect. None of the names are really verifiable, and most of the people signing aren't constituents, so legislators don't care.

It all seems pretty ridiculous. I guess it does make some people feel better without actually getting up from their position in front of a monitor.

Of course on-line petitions are meaningless. But this was just such a good cause I felt the need to encourage the secession movement. My only concern about losing California is that the last time anyone seriously considered secession from the Union and there was a Republican in the White House the income tax was created.... :P

I think all the gun and ammo manufactures need to step in and just stop ALL sales of guns and ammo to SF, LE included. If no one has guns, cops don't need guns either, right?

Excellent point Scooter. I have never understood why the employees can have toys the employers can not. Just does not seem right some how.... ;)

kdj--

You're right! It's considerably south of there... A stone's throw from Millbrae, but hanging out there on the edge of the water.

It's a real stomach-puckering thrill to land at SFO on the normal northerly runway.... your rear hangs a mere few feet over the water until the very last second (holy crap, the runway!! Where's the freakin' runway??!! We're not going to make it!! We're going down! There's nothing but water down there!!)(etc.) :o:o:lol:

But I wonder if you landed there and traveled ELSEWHERE (as in NOT in San Franciso proper) whether the gun issue would even BE an issue....

Of course on-line petitions are meaningless. But this was just such a good cause I felt the need to encourage the secession movement. My only concern about losing California is that the last time anyone seriously considered secession from the Union and there was a Republican in the White House the income tax was created.... :P

If CA goes the US ends up being a whole hell of a lot poorer than it currently is.

If CA goes the US ends up being a whole hell of a lot poorer than it currently is.

I don't think so. After secession California will have to pay export tarrifs to us on wine and movies. It doesn't make airplanes anymore does it? And you won't believe how much you will have to pay for all that water you think you need from the U.S, which will control just how much of the Colorado river you may purchase.

The U.S needs California like Tina needed Ike. Of course, if CA ever gets with the program and lets the shooters alone I'll welcome you back like the prodigal son..... :D