Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 NSSF Rimfire Challenge World Championship

MarkCO

The 2014 NSSF Rimfire Challenge World Championship will again be held at USSA in Tulsa, OK, August 1-3. We will have 14 stages (7 pistol and 7 rifle, about 450 rounds) contested over two days of shooting. We already have a great slate of sponsors stepping up to support this match. If you came last year, you know how much fun the match was. The match will be taking another large step forward this year with the help of NSSF, sponsors and new volunteers. I am really excited for the future of this sport and the new shooters it is bringing into to the whole of the competitive shooting sports.

Registration is open: Entries

I will again be the match director: markpcolo@gmail.com

Tim Ubl will be the prize table coordinator: TIM@taccom3g.com

Information on the sport: NSSF Rimfire Challenge

I am also accepting staff, so if you want to work the match, please drop me a note. Staff will shoot for score on August 1 (Sponsors may shoot with staff or in the 2 day format). Free match entry, food and staff only prizes as well.

Edited by MarkCO

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an awesome match that is well supported by Ruger and many other sponsors. It's a great opportunity to bring the entire family out to have some fun and experience a major match without all the pressure, so load them up and spend the weekend in Tulsa!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I advise all competitors, of any match, to review the rulebook prior to shooting the match. You can find it here: http://www.nssf.org/Rimfire/files/RimfireChallengeRulebook2014.pdf

You can only enter one Division.

The stages will be in the match booklet which will be available at registration on August 1. They will also be posted at each stage on that day.

• 1 month later...

Due to some logistical issues, principally lack of hotel rooms, the NSSF Rimfire Challenge Worlds will not be in Tulsa the first week of August. We are exploring venues for a later date and will plan to update as soon as that information is available, hopefully next week.

I looked for this on NSSF website and couldn't find mention of a World Championship. My daughter and I were all set to go to Tulsa, had vacation days set aside and everything. This lack of hotel rooms seems odd to me. Oh well, if schedules can be rearranged, we will travel to Arkansas and shoot. These Rimfire Challenge matches are a HOOT!

• 2 months later...

My son ,John,can't hardly wait.

The Missouri State shoot is on Sept 20th then 2weeks to this match.

This will be his 1st larger match. He wants to shoot either some Steel Challenge or USPSA matches next year.

Thanks

We are in final preparations for the match. Folks who registered prior to September 1 should have received a squadding link. Those afterwards should get theirs shortly.

There will be a reception with some clinics and other festivities on Friday afternoon/evening.

Mark what gives on only one division? ? I shot both last year and have been training for both

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Personal opinion is they went back to previous rules that did not allow that. I was planning on shooting both myself this year until I noticed that the NSSF rule book says only one division. Likely because they did not want the top shooters hogging the prize table.

Easy fix ! Walk the table only once ... or dedignate a junior that needs help to claim a top prize. Id do that for sure...Maybee next year lol

At the last nssf match I shot I gave what I won to a junior shooter shooting her first match. Made her day. She's hooked I'm sure.

Mark will do a good job. sounds like the match is filling up .....

With a lot of shooting!!!

See everyone out there

I didn't see that the rules prevented entering in both divisions. It says that if the match allows it the shooter will be allowed to walk the prize table in both if the shooter pays full entry fee for both divisions. The way I read it, it's up to the match director and nssf staff. In Pennsylvania it was allowed but shooters could only take a gun off the prize table on one division. The showers had to designate a primary division and had to shoot that division first. I would have shot both there but we didn't find out until we got there. Guess we should have taken the limited gear with us to PA.