Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 NSSF Rimfire Challenge World Championship

MarkCO

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The link "Dad" posted has all the pertinent information about the 2014 World Championship match.

Minimum round count is 440. The 700 on the webpage is the recommended amount to account for misses, dropped ammo, potential for a reshoot, etc. Of the 7 pistol stages, 2 have 7 targets, 3 have 6 and 2 have 5. Of the 7 rifle stages, 5 have 7 targets, 1 has 6 and 1 has 5.

MGM is the target supplier for the World match, which we are sure you will enjoy!

The stages are in the match book which will be delivered to competitors at check-in on Friday.

I would certainly plan to check-in Friday and stay for the evening festivities which will include Pro-Clinics, demos, etc.

There are still slots available, but registration will close September 22 so that we can finalize squads and the stage rotation schedule.

The link "Dad" posted has all the pertinent information about the 2014 World Championship match.

Minimum round count is 440. The 700 on the webpage is the recommended amount to account for misses, dropped ammo, potential for a reshoot, etc. Of the 7 pistol stages, 2 have 7 targets, 3 have 6 and 2 have 5. Of the 7 rifle stages, 5 have 7 targets, 1 has 6 and 1 has 5.

MGM is the target supplier for the World match, which we are sure you will enjoy!

The stages are in the match book which will be delivered to competitors at check-in on Friday.

I would certainly plan to check-in Friday and stay for the evening festivities which will include Pro-Clinics, demos, etc.

There are still slots available, but registration will close September 22 so that we can finalize squads and the stage rotation schedule.

Thanks Dad for the link, the link to the hotel rates pdf is not working for me and the sentence about how to get the match rate is not finished.

Just FYI. The Candlewood Suites hotel in Ft Smith is about as close to the range as you can get without camping.

They give a great rate to shooters for any Old Fort Gun Club event (not just for big matches)

They are totally gun friendly...just call the front desk and mention Old Fort Gun Club for the best rate.

FYI, thanks to Gold Coast Armory, NSSF and ATK, there will be CCI mini-mags available for purchase at the World match. 300 count bricks @$27. There will be a limitation on the amount, like enough to shoot the match.

BJ Norris and Chris Cheng will be featured shooters on Friday evening. If you have not made plans to be there, you should. :)

Have not had the chance to get together with him since New Mexico in 2011. Even though Peacemaker is one of the clubs I belong to I did not get the chance to talk to him at the Trijicon WC thing either. We used to chat on this forum long before we met. My team mate Mike and I are going down to shoot the regional in NC this Saturday also.

Edited by photoracer

BJ Norris and Chris Cheng will be featured shooters on Friday evening. If you have not made plans to be there, you should. :)

Have not had the chance to get together with him since New Mexico in 2011. Even though Peacemaker is one of the clubs I belong to I did not get the chance to talk to him at the Trijicon WC thing either. We used to chat on this forum long before we met. My team mate Mike and I are going down to shoot the regional in NC this Saturday also.
Edited by Mad Scientist

Did we meet

Yeah we shot in your squad. Kent and Mike. I shot in what was supposed to be the Super Squad (#1) in 2013 except John Allchin had to withdraw due to a death in the family. And we had to spend the entire match dodging Mike B. and his videoing Allie for Shooting Gallery. Not to mention the rain on Sunday.

Any hint this year on what the min and max ranges will be for both firearms?

There will be a reception with some clinics and other festivities on Friday afternoon/evening.

FYI, thanks to Gold Coast Armory, NSSF and ATK, there will be CCI mini-mags available for purchase at the World match. 300 count bricks @$27. There will be a limitation on the amount, like enough to shoot the match.

I'll be looking for them PDQ after landing.

Mark I don't see where you or BJ registered?