Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Oklahoma Sectional - 9/6/2014

Thanks for putting on a great match!!! All of the stages were challenging and even though the rain created some wet and muddy conditions I think that fun was had by all. You guys did great in handling the less than optimal weather conditions.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was wet and muddy on about half of the stages but it was still a great match. I know it showed me that I can still perform in the most adverse conditions. So there should never be any excuses about not performing well because of the them.

Edited by Prov1x

It was Tulsa all over again.....and again......and again......I felt bad for the staff as they had their hands full. Miserable conditions to work in and they did their best. In drier conditions the stages would have been really nice. In the muck, it was all we could do to stay on our feet as the mud was over our ankles on many of the stages. Resetting the stage was a nightmare as well. Thankfully the rain did stop so we could take the bags off the target but we still had the mud/muck to deal with. Thankfully, just about everyone took the weather as something the match staff couldn't do anything about and just went with the flow.

There is nothing the match staff could do to prevent the rain from happening. It rained, got muddy, and the match staff did the best they could to deal with the situation. I think they did a good job dealing with it. The way I see it dealing with poor weather or range conditions during a match is the "Practical" part of this Practical Shooting game. Yes we all want to attend a match in optimal weather conditions, but that can't always happen.

No, can't do much about mother nature on match day.

Seems like gravel and drainage tile would go along way.

But the range needs financial resources for that fix.

Most ranges go the gravel route around here. We get rain before,

during and sometimes after a match. Some range's are lucky

and have some sand and or natural drainage.

I don't know that we need to have boot camp mud to test the practical part.

Haha. That wasn't the only time the ol' weather channel made me a liar. There were several times during the morning the radar looked like it would clear up to no avail. Oh well. I think most people took it in stride.

As far as the drainage and the gravel, both great ideas but the bays that were really bad are relatively new and not yet covered in vegetation. The rainfall we received would have been hard to manage even with some drainage.

Thanks again to all the folks that shot the match and especially those that worked it. We are going to double your salary for next time!!

Haha. That wasn't the only time the ol' weather channel made me a liar. There were several times during the morning the radar looked like it would clear up to no avail. Oh well. I think most people took it in stride.

As far as the drainage and the gravel, both great ideas but the bays that were really bad are relatively new and not yet covered in vegetation. The rainfall we received would have been hard to manage even with some drainage.

Thanks again to all the folks that shot the match and especially those that worked it. We are going to double your salary for next time!!

Nevermind

Edited by Prov1x