Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Durability

nvshooter

Im trying to decide what trigger to put in my new build. Not really liking the idea behind the 2 stage trigger I don't like having take up in my triggers.

So im narrowing my search for a single stage. My friend is running the cmc flat 3.5 and I fondled it last month and it felt really great and the price is right, but from reading around I finding allot of reports of it wearing out and double or triple firing. I looking to get some thing that is a good quality trigger but will last the test of time, haven't got to feel the break on any others but im guessing that any high end single stage trigger is going to feel great and at most take a lil getting used to.

Anyone running the cmc that has a loads of rounds with no problems. I was really looking at the timmey also but it is almost double the price but if its something that will last twice as long how much it costs isn't a problem. Im open to any or all suggestions but would really like to hear from people that have a butt load of rounds through theres with no problems.

Also im not sure but will a 2 stage trigger be more long time durable.

Thanks for any help fellas im sure this has been over before so thanks for bearing with me.

Had my first issue with a CMC trigger last Friday. I was at the range fine tuning some rifle loads checking the velocity and accuracy.

Trying to get the perfect sight picture, I was slowly pulling the trigger for each round. On one round I must have pulled it too slow. Or a least that's what I think happened.

Instead of one round firing, it sent several down range.

Spent the rest of the afternoon getting some practice with double taps at close range but it never duplicated the problem. Hopefully it was a one time issue since I really like the trigger.

Just in case, I cleaned and greased it real good when I got.home.

Bill

Amazing on the JP. Considering how little engagement there is in a crisp JP, that says a lot abot the quality of steel and heat treatment. Wear has to be practically nill to avoid doubling, or failure to reset. Hope my JP will be as trouble free. Sure is crisp and super short reset.

Mark

Had my first issue with a CMC trigger last Friday.

Bill, how many rounds did you have on the CMC Trigger when it when full auto?

On that trigger, I have less than 2000 rds. Some of it is 5.56mm and a bunch of it is .22LR. After that little episode Friday, I shot another 20 rd box of XM193 ammo followed by a 100 rds of .22LR without a problem.

I don't think I need to worry but I will keep it clean and well oiled. I'm hoping it happened because I was slowly milking the trigger. If it happens again it goes into the parts box.

Bill

Had my first issue with a CMC trigger last Friday.

Bill, how many rounds did you have on the CMC Trigger when it when full auto?

On that trigger, I have less than 2000 rds. Some of it is 5.56mm and a bunch of it is .22LR. After that little episode Friday, I shot another 20 rd box of XM193 ammo followed by a 100 rds of .22LR without a problem.

I don't think I need to worry but I will keep it clean and well oiled. I'm hoping it happened because I was slowly milking the trigger. If it happens again it goes into the parts box.

Bill

It was because you were milking the trigger. As the bolt cycled your finger hit the trigger again, since you were not putting sufficient pressure after the break. It can and does happen with this sort of trigger manipulation. It's not a bolt gun.

If it holds up to Mr Kelley I think it's more than suitable for you.. mine is only at a 1000 and it's gotten better after a "break in". I left my geissele s3g for CMC. I did read that the geissele had some problem s with doubling but I have no validation to that complain.

I've had older JP triggers and a Jewell trigger. All of them "failed" me. I got a Geisselle S3G trigger. Didn't like the flat trigger face design and it doubled on me.

I've currently settled on the Geissele SSA:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/247530/geissele-super-semi-automatic-trigger-ar-15-lr-308-small-pin-154-two-stage-matte?cm_vc=U112

The SSA doesn't have any screws to go out of adjustment. I've had one for 2-3 years. I've bought two others for other lowers.

If you are looking for ease of use and longevity take a look at designs that don't have any adjustment screws.