Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Aluminum Basepads for 17-rd MecGar Mags...

justaute

Lets be clear - Springer Precision is not marketing or selling CZC "branded" products, so there's not an issue with that. Springer Precision offers its customers the 'option' to engrave the base plates they order. No one has asked Springer Precision to engrave the official "CZC logo" on the base plates, just numbers (1, 2 & 3) and letters (CZC) to identify the magazines to a specific gun. There aren't any "laws" being broken here

I did ask Stuart this morning (see above) if it would be ok to use the same type font on the CZC lettering on my base plates. I just don't get the issue

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be clear - Springer Precision is not marketing or selling CZC "branded" products, so there's not an issue with that. Springer Precision offers its customers the 'option' to engrave the base plates they order. No one has asked Springer Precision to engrave the official "CZC logo" on the base plates, just numbers (1, 2 & 3) and letters (CZC) to identify the magazines to a specific gun. There aren't any "laws" being broken here

I did ask Stuart this morning (see above) if it would be ok to use the same type font on the CZC lettering on my base plates. I just don't get the issue

I can sympathize, I purchased a new Ford truck a couple months ago and can you believe that the dealer refused to put some Chevy emblems on it for me. Those a-holes, this is America, I pay my taxes.

There aren't any "laws" being broken here

Unless you are an attorney practicing in intellectual property, trademark, and copyright law you can't say that for sure.

It won't be you paying Springer's legal bills if there are some laws broken.

• 2 weeks later...

DoubleL,

Just shot a local match with the new Springer basepads. Other than a couple of small nicks, not unexpected, they worked flawlessly. As far as cleaning/removal goes, my Arredondo brush works just fine. Also added some grip tape to the bottom. Here are a couple of pics.

IMG_20140208_201754166_zpsde49f390.jpg

IMG_20140208_201713858_zpsl6kzplug.jpg

Where did you get the grip tape for the mag bottoms?

elguapo...WTF are you talking about? You're talking "legal bills", you've lost your freaking mind...

FYI, if you are just puting CZC in whatever lettering on something then no big deal. If you are putting CZC lettering on it AND in the font that they market and have trademarked then it is infringement. (assuming they have it trademarked) Basically, you are asking the shop to make something look like it was produced and sold by someone else.

Which ones for the factory 10 round and the mec gar 17? I'd like them all to end up the same length. Also will they fit in the uspsa production box?

And second the grip tape question.

We have versions for the 16, 17 and 18 so just select the capacity that fits your mag. They make them the same length as the factory 18, so they fit in the box. I'm not sure what the grip tape question is.

Which ones for the factory 10 round and the mec gar 17? I'd like them all to end up the same length. Also will they fit in the uspsa production box?

We have versions for the 16, 17 and 18 so just select the capacity that fits your mag. They make them the same length as the factory 18, so they fit in the box. I'm not sure what the grip tape question is.

I have 2 ten round magazines that came with my pistol, which base does it need.

There was someone above asking about the grip tape that was in a picture on this thread.

I have 2 ten round magazines that came with my pistol, which base does it need.

There was someone above asking about the grip tape that was in a picture on this thread.

Can you post a photo? There are 2 types that I know of.

I've ordered 18 of the Springer basepads (6 red, 6 blue, 6 silver) for CZ and Mecgar mags for my CZ Accu. Shot a lot of matches with them this summer and they worked great and very durable.