Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Aluminum Basepads for 17-rd MecGar Mags...

justaute

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thick and heavier -- still USPSA legal. The plastic basepad that comes with the Mag sucks.

Do they add any capacity, or just thick?

Agree that the factory plastic suck. I just looked them up on the Springer Precision page, $17.50 isn't a bad price. Keep us posted on how you like them.

These look awesome! Thanks for putting up the link eerw and I for one am interested in how well they hold up justaute.

I finally got a chance to do some dryfiring today. Still too wet and cold around these parts to do live-firing. The basepads felt really good. I think the dimensions are about right. Here's a picture comparing the three basepads I have. Will report back after I have had a chance to live-fire.

L-R: Beretta, Springer Precision (sample, pre-anodized), and MecGar stock

IMG_20140116_180236001_HDR_zpsbal7h457.j

Edited by justaute

For USPSA, no issue for me. The basepad weighs about 1.0 oz. The Beretta basepad weighs about 0.5 oz. Not sure about IPSC.

Thanks for more pics justaute. You mentioned that the base pads add a bit more weight. Would this pose an issue making weight in Production?

Thanks for the input and feedback. To let interested folks know, we made them the same length as the factory 18 round magazine OAL. We also made them for the 16 and 18 round factory magazines, so if you have a mix of mags and put our pads on, they will be the same OAL length. You can also use the Arredondo mag brush to take the plates off ;)

Thanks for the input and feedback. To let interested folks know, we made them the same length as the factory 18 round magazine OAL. We also made them for the 16 and 18 round factory magazines, so if you have a mix of mags and put our pads on, they will be the same OAL length. You can also use the Arredondo mag brush to take the plates off ;)

The base pads look great, any plans for some 140 mm extensions in the future?

The base pads look great, any plans for some 140 mm extensions in the future?

We have quite a few things to get through, but I do have an extension design that if it works, we will likely apply to versions that they are not readily available at a reasonable price.

DoubleL,

Just shot a local match with the new Springer basepads. Other than a couple of small nicks, not unexpected, they worked flawlessly. As far as cleaning/removal goes, my Arredondo brush works just fine. Also added some grip tape to the bottom. Here are a couple of pics.

IMG_20140208_201754166_zpsde49f390.jpg

IMG_20140208_201713858_zpsl6kzplug.jpg

These look great. Do they work on the new CZC 17 rounders as well?

Any pictures of what the numbering and and Name options look like?

1654414_702868519735540_474227756_n.jpg

1500936_702868496402209_1577735976_o.jpg

We can do any standard font. I seems these are being well received, so we will be adding blue and on the next run.

Alma. Scott webstore shows he is making three pads. One for the 18, one for the 16, and one for the 17.

Right but the 16 and 18 round pads say they are for CZ factory mags whereas the 17 round pays say they fit the mecgear. I assume that is who makes the new CZC mags bit you know what they said abort assuming.

Alma. Scott webstore shows he is making three pads. One for the 18, one for the 16, and one for the 17.

Right but the 16 and 18 round pads say they are for CZ factory mags whereas the 17 round pays say they fit the mecgear. I assume that is who makes the new CZC mags bit you know what they said abort assuming.

They look like a Mecgar basepad to me. If you have a mag and want to send it in, I can check it out for you.

The new chrome CZ 17 round mags use the same tube as the Mec Gar 17 rounders.

These look great. Do they work on the new CZC 17 rounders as well?

Any pictures of what the numbering and and Name options look like?

1654414_702868519735540_474227756_n.jpg

1500936_702868496402209_1577735976_o.jpg

We can do any standard font. I seems these are being well received, so we will be adding blue and on the next run.

Oh. I want those(blue). Will keep eye out for the release.