Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Georgia State Championship

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger,

I am looking forward to another awesome GA state match. It will be well worth my 9 hour drive to shoot with all the GA boys again. Please keep me posted on the details since I don't live in the area any more. My e-mail is shooter_rob@yahoo.com. Tell all the GA shooters that Rob said hi and I sure miss shooting with them. NC is has some nice guys but ther will neve be a better shooting crowd than you guys.

DvC...

Sounds like an Honest to Goodness challenge to me.... :wub:

What Division? I don't have an Open Blaster but would shoot my Limited gun in it if need be.... <_<

Revolver Division preferred though :)

Have Glock 17 100% factory gun.... :huh:

Have Kimber .45 for L-10 if you are die hard L-10.... (single stack ect)Old school though :rolleyes:

Have Para P16-40 LTD for Limited/Open, Might shoot it L-10 too unless you subscribe to the above. ;)

I'm Up for it.... (unless that thing called a JOB gets in the way) :wacko:

FWIW, I am fairly good with the wheel gun, OK with 1911 style guns and am an also ran with that matel toy :ph34r:

SAM/HOP

Ok, if no takers how about this?

If I(and any one else I can scratch up) come to shoot your match (Georgia boys/gals) in August you will have to come shoot the southern revolver championships (my match) in most likely OCTOBER.

It will be a sanctioned USPSA match so flatsides will be welcome, but revolvers will be emphasized.

Fair Trade? B)

Hop

Stillpraying, NOT taken as a serious challenge( or insult) and not meant to be one either !!, just trying to get some more participation. :)

Sorry about the delayed response; We need the daylight of the summer months because we can't shoot on Sundays (until after 12:30) at Cherokee. June is packed and July is Summer Blast and Nationals this year. We went with the 2nd weekend in August. 2 weeks after the Nats and 2 weeks before the World Shoot. Don't worry, there will be plenty of water and some big fans on most of the bays. Come see us.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a little more:

We are proud to announce that Cherokee Gun Club will be hosting the 2005

Georgia State USPSA/IPSC Championship.

The match will take place on August 12th and 13th. It will be limited to

200 competitors and the format will be similar to that of last year. There

will be only one session on Friday and two (AM and PM) sessions on Saturday.

The match fee will be $75 and will include a T-shirt provided the entry

form is received by June 30th.

Juniors and RO's will shoot for free. (If you wish to be an RO, please let

me know as soon as possible)

STI contingency will apply if we have 175 competitors.

Match entry forms will be available on our website by

the end of the week.

If you have any questions, please contact Carlos Rubio at carubio@bellsouth.net or

Roger Kooi at rogerkooi@bellsouth.net.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's early, but is there any word on what the match/host hotel is going to be? Looks like the entire SP team is making the drive down there...even Erik! WOW, what a commute for him! ;)

Thanks...also, drop me an email Roger, when you get a chance regarding sponsorship of your match.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Last year we really didn't have an official match hotel; just the 3 recommendations on the entry form and info page (here)

I will have a look at getting some discounted rooms from one or more.

Glad to hear the whole team is putting this one on the calendar. A nice warmup for the WS (did I tell you we will be using classics?....)

Erik's commute is short but we still may have to provide him with directions; you know the big boy is so good he doesn't get out much to practice :D

I will get in touch with you about sponsorship, thanks.

That's fine. I just talked to Carlos today. Looks like we're donating a Beretta 92 and a Dillon AT-500 reloader as well. Should be a fun time...again. Feel free to email or call me for anything.

Phil

Glad to hear it Phil, sorry I missed your call.

Looking forward to seeing you Mark.

For those astute rulebook memorizers; we do realize that the current rulebook no longer recognizes Law or Military as a special category....officially. However, Cherokee Gun Club and the co-Match Directors do. Please let me know if you have any questions in this regard.

I would imagine this match will be really good.

The "word on the street" is that the average monthly Cherokee match is one of the best around.

I've still got to drag my lazy butt (I'm not enjoying driving lately) from SC for one of their monthly matches; been saying that for nearly a year now :(

Well, the sponsor invitation packages are finally in the mail Phil. The solid precip over last weekend kinda put a kink in getting them to the post office. We really appreciate all the fine support our sponsors have provided.

Working hard to come up with another set of challenging stages and have already match tested a few.

And Chuck, if you're around Altanta during the week, come on over and shoot with us indoors at GPSL on any Wednesday evening. Dirsctions and info at: Gwinnett Practical Shooting League. Last night we had a record crowd of 51 shooters and shot 2 of the new classifiers.

And yes, JFD we do put on a great match at Cherokee every month. Can't pass up an opportunity to brag about my outdoor club either.

See y'all down here in GA in August,

Headshot

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

Just a quick update. I have processed over 60 entries thus far and we are not even half way through March. We certainly appreciate the support and rest assured that we are doing everything we can to provide you a challenging and enjoyable match.

The are plenty of slots still available but I will mention that we have already filled over half of the Saturday AM slots as that has been the choice for the vast majority of competitor entries received.

Those of you going to the World Shoot should consider coming out to play with us as we will be using the classic targets for all stages except the classifier. Also, as Roger mentioned in an earlier post, we will be recognizing Law and Military categories in all divisions.

We looks forward to seeing all of you at the match.

Regards,

Carlos :)

Hopalong I haven't checked this page in a while, sorry I missed your posting. I like a good challenge, and can take a good whoppin as good as the next guy. If you don't beleave me, ask Carlos. He does it regularly. Come on down and give some or get some. It don't matter, we'll all have fun. Find an open gun (preferably one that don't run) and have a go at it. Hope to see you there.

Ronnie S A-44415

Still praying for that A

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

We have about 120 entries processed thus far. Saturday morning is full but we still have plenty of slots available for Saturday afternoon and Friday.

We hope to have the match book completed by the end of the month and we will post it on the web page soon after.

Carlos

• 1 month later...

Roger,

I keep trying to get to the website to get the application via your link, Area 6's link, and Georgia IPSC's link. I keep getting a "Access Forbiden" error message. Any ideas? Can you email me an app? Thanks.