Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Classic vs. USPSA Single Stack

Yagi

Would be nice to have the two bodies be the same when it comes to rules??? :ph34r::goof::surprise:

Rules are close enough. My Classic/SS gun comply with both divisions and I can use same BT holster for both USPSA and IPSC, though I like it with the drop offset for IPSC.

The Prod division rules have bigger difference...

Edited by euxx

Should USPSA Follow IPSC ? Or should IPSC follow USPSA rules ???

Given that IPSC is international and USPSA is for 'merica it would make sense to me for USPSA to adopt IPSC rules if one organization was going to adopt the other organizations rules.

Given that IPSC is international and USPSA is for 'merica it would make sense to me for USPSA to adopt IPSC rules if one organization was going to adopt the other organizations rules.

Considering that the two organizations serve wildly different demographics, and deal with differing political climates, I'd argue that it will be very difficult to reestablish rules consensus......

And that's probably a good thing, since a rule set that compromises to serve two masters, would probably lack the benefits of each individual set....

I concur! Have no idea why IPSC is dragging their feet when it comes to accepting USPSA rules!

i have a feeling that IPSC shooters has the same thought about USPSA dragging their feet...lol

i could feel heavy resistance between the two... lol

Given that the USPSA Single Stack division has been around for several years, and it is brand new to IPSC, I would think IPSC would adopt the USPSA rules. But I agree with Nik, each organization serves a different audience, and the rules reflect that.

Honestly, given the level of participation in the US, I see no reason to dumb our rules/the way we play the game down to the lowest common denominator, to make the game more politically palatable. We're not going to get this sport into the Olympics. We're not going to get this sport accepted in some countries around the world.

The rest of the world -- for the most part, I could be missing a country or three -- doesn't have an equivalent to the second amendment. I understand why IPSC does things the way they do, or at least why they think they should. USPSA in the USA is a very different story. And since IPSC remains available in the USA, you have choices. Want an IPSC match near you that plays by international rules? Talk it up with some friends and start a club. Or see if there's any interest in adding a few IPSC matches to a club that already runs USPSA -- maybe on the 4 or so 5th weekends a year to start?

How about before we point fingers at who created which rule, let's just start with "the box". The IPSC box is defined in metric measurement. The USPSA box is defined in imperial. The conversion between the two is imprecise, regardless of whether you go from imperial to metric or metric to imperial. In both cases the measurement you convert to will be a curious looking number with a whole bunch of digits after the decimal place. The only way to get them the same is to use the same underlying measurement.

So: do we have the World change from metric to imperial, just because the US is one of only 3 or 4 countries in the world to use imperial measurement?

Sounds to me like USPSA needs to start defining it's box measurements in metric if there is to be any alignment of the rules.

-ivan-

p.s. For those who care, and have a gun that barely fits into the USPSA box: if you are going to an IPSC match, the IPSC box is smaller in height (ie: magwell to rear sights).

I'd rather see the production rules harmonized....I'm dying to use my G34 for IPSC in a division other than standard.

But...it'll never happen

Yes. it will never happen... but it would be good if USPSA and IPSC shooters have the same ground rules...

I think the ipsc rules for classic were done by a spiteful little man who took the single stack rules and flipped them. Just because he can.

i do not think it was done due to spite but rather flexing of muscles...lol