Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Preferred magwells

mont1120

In order to rise up out of C class in Limited 10, I'm improving each small option I can on my Kimber Custom Stainless, and wanted to know the preferred expanded magwell for .45 ACP. My reloads can hopefully benefit from the wider opening, and I rely on the experienced shooters here to guide me in the right direction :bow: .

I have a Dawson No Gap on my old SS gun (Trojan 5.0), which worked pretty well--that gun is my backup gun now. My primary match gun is my Iron Shrike, which has the Predator Tactical Competiton Magwell (http://www.predatortactical.com/Custom_Firearms/Predator_Tactical_Iron_Shrike_p312.html).%C2'> It works very well with Wilson magazines with their extended basepad. I have not yet found an aluminum basepad that works with them.

One of the nicer unforeseen and non-shooting benefits is that the magwell goes onto the gun from the front of the grip, not the bottom. That means it's very easy to put the MSH pin back into the gun, because the magwell is supporting the tension on the mainspring.