Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eric Grauffel,.... who is second?

Chris iliff

#2 is whoever finished #2 in whatever division Eric was inor whoever finished #1 in whatever division Eric wasn't in

That is funny because it's probably true.

I picked Max too, errr,.....two.

I've got to add that I think Ben might be the guy in the future. I think Max shoots a couple different divisions that's why I picked him, Eric also shoots in multiple divisions.

I hate to thread drift my own thread, but is shooting multiple divisions the ticket for world dominance? I think Ben could dominate another division, I'd like to see him do it.

There are a few little technique things I picked up watching Eric G shoot in person that Nils does not yet have and Ben appears to be closing in on. Things he did that no other super squad shooter did except maybe TGO. TGO is clearly limited by many extra miles on the chassis as are some of the other 20+ years of competing shooters. But, Rob, Mike and Jerry are the three that have advanced their game even as they have aged. If guys like Nils and Eric and Ben improve as much over the next 20, that will be amazing. Koenig is good, but his mental game is not at the elite level of the top USPSA pistol shooters.

Eric is dominant right now, but there are at least 15 guys out there that could get a "perfect" win, achieve the edge and become dominant for an extended period as well. The mental game, being able to focus entirely on shooting from a physical, mental, emotional and financial perspective are what it takes to be dominant now. If you look at the top US shooters, there are none that can dedicate 100% to just shooting. They work, or teach, or have kids, wives, businesses, many have most of these. All of those are inhibitors to ultimate top level performance. One of the reasons I still say that shooting is not a "professional" sport.

There are a few little technique things I picked up watching Eric G shoot in person that Nils does not yet have and Ben appears to be closing in on. Things he did that no other super squad shooter did except maybe TGO. TGO is clearly limited by many extra miles on the chassis as are some of the other 20+ years of competing shooters. But, Rob, Mike and Jerry are the three that have advanced their game even as they have aged. If guys like Nils and Eric and Ben improve as much over the next 20, that will be amazing. Koenig is good, but his mental game is not at the elite level of the top USPSA pistol shooters.Eric is dominant right now, but there are at least 15 guys out there that could get a "perfect" win, achieve the edge and become dominant for an extended period as well. The mental game, being able to focus entirely on shooting from a physical, mental, emotional and financial perspective are what it takes to be dominant now. If you look at the top US shooters, there are none that can dedicate 100% to just shooting. They work, or teach, or have kids, wives, businesses, many have most of these. All of those are inhibitors to ultimate top level performance. One of the reasons I still say that shooting is not a "professional" sport.

I'm not sure about Doug's mental game will hold him back, I think that is where Koenig shines. He feel he has been off feild courses a little to long and out of the USPSA game also. But that is really just my thoughts.

Koenig competed at SS Nats and was a non-factor. I don't think he's in the discussion for USPSA/IPSC.

If you want to talk about #2, it's Vogel, Stoeger, Nils, Sevigny, Max.

But the fact is, this is Eric's sport. When you have a #1 this dominant, it really doesn't matter who is #2. This isn't Ali/Frasier, this is like living in the prime Mike Tyson era and arguing whether Trevor Berbick or Leon Spinks was #2.

• 2 weeks later...

Be kind of cool to take the top 3 shooters in Open, Limited, Production, Single Stack AND Revolver, and have them compete against each other in a format where they all have to shoot a match in Open, Limited, Production, Single Stack and Revolver.

Don't really know if it would definitively decide the worlds best overall pistol shooter, but it would sure be fun to watch. I'd order that on Pay Per View if it was offered.

Nils because they will have a wild card in revolver, Nils is very good with a revolver. I would guess he can give Jerry a run if he wanted.

Eric because he is Eric. He has a country supporting he shooting carreer, finances and all.

Then me, but I'll be busy that weekend saving the world. LMAO

Who is next?

All my junk aside. That would be worth PPV or even a plane ticket if they knocked it out in a weeks time.

Edited by a matt

• 2 weeks later...