Accu-Shadow on Approved Production List

rgkeller

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes. If they are sold as a catalogued item available through Glock's distributors. And if they certify that 2000 of them have been sold, and that they are generally available to the public.

Edited by Chris_C

I pretty much run some form of CZ in open production and limited division and CC one everyday.

The bushing is a good design but I wouldn't worry about it be a determining factor as far as a peace of competition gear.

You can't buy your way into Master or GM and that's really the only place such a detail would possibly matter. The CZ platform is more accurate than the average shooter to get its full potential out of anyway.

I'm just saying I wouldn't worry about the bushing.

But I would like one.

Listen, if the Accu was that big of a difference maker, all the elite Production shooters would be ditching their current Production guns and scrambling for the Accu. I don't see that happening.

Like all CZ's it will be a great gun, but no need for people to think it's a game changer.

CZ is just smart making a gun the competitive shooters actually wants to buy. In the end the consumer wins. If you think the Accu-Shadow is gonna make the difference buy one. Otherwise, stop complaining and shoot what you got. This is a sport. Equipment does mater. Production is a relatively in-expensive group to shoot in. You can buy a Glock/M&P/XD for under a grand and do plenty well enough to have a great time. If you want to eak out the last 5% then you may actually want to buy the more esoteric gear that just suits you the best. That is just the nature of any sport. I wish Glock would act more like CZ. XD did it with their trigger setup and the XDm. It's all in our best interest in the end as we get better equipment to play with.

If anyone is looking for a new Accu-Shadow, I bought one off the shelf from local store today. The had 4 of them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bills+gun+shop+hudson+wi&rlz=1Y3YOJM_enUS567US567&oq=bills+gun+shop+&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l2j69i60&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&espv=1&ie=UTF-8#mldd=0

Edited by MrVvrroomm

That is a smoking price. Not sure how they selling them for that price. Guess they don't appreciate how much work goes into them.

I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Edited by JMike

I suppose CZ Custom is technically a retailer at this point. Not sure how their deal is worked out but CZ USA could technically set a MAP price on Accu Shadows that CZ Custom would have to follow (although in this case they are selling a bit higher). A bit unfortunate but I'm sure I'll forget about it when it arrives :)

While I disagree with IPSC on the refinishing bit, I think their rules are much more in the spirit of Production...that someone can be competitive with a relatively cheap, off the shelf gun. Sure, right now CZ is one of the few turning out high dollar "Production" guns and Glocks and S&Ws are still competitive, but I'd hate to see an arms race develop where competitive Production guns start approaching $2000.

From the production section of the IPSC rule book

16.1 Modifications to them, other than minor detailing (the removal of burrs and/or adjustments unavoidably required in order to fit replacement OFM parts or components), are prohibited. Other prohibited modifications include those which facilitate faster reloading (e.g. flared, enlarged and/or add-on magwells, etc.), changing the original color and/or finish of a handgun, and/or adding stripes or other embellishments.

Let's face it though. Give Stoeger, Mink, or a number of other people about any factory 9mm - let's say a Ruger SR9 to pick an obnoxious example - and they would still demolish almost anyone reading this thread, certainly myself included. I have an Accu Shadow and it's a great gun, but it's not magic.

Sure, and TGO can be most of us in Open with a stock 1911 and Jerry regularly beats bottom feeders with his wheelgun, but that's not the point, is it? Most of aren't really competing against them, we're competing in classes against folks with similar abilities. Otherwise, we could use your reasoning to say, "To heck with classes and divisions! Let's go back to the old days where everyone competed against each other in one division (open) and there were no classes."

Let's face it though. Give Stoeger, Mink, or a number of other people about any factory 9mm - let's say a Ruger SR9 to pick an obnoxious example - and they would still demolish almost anyone reading this thread, certainly myself included. I have an Accu Shadow and it's a great gun, but it's not magic.

changing the original color and/or finish of a handgun, and/or adding stripes or other embellishments

sorry but this part is really awfull. should be removed. i know some peoples who went with a black cerakote on their gun. since the factory color is black, nobody never noticed .what's the difference if i go with blue?? none !!

now a well known R&D shop dedicated to CZ guns with enough ressources to MODIFY 2000 guns a year gets into deep mods from a given factory plateform , then that pass through the rules getting a prod gun status !!!!. well..i put a SS rod and a cerakote on my ipsc production G17's slide and i'm bumped in limited!! oh well !!!

i've been in pro racing ranks a great part of my life, some others as well,and we all know a production class has to reflect and adjusts his rules according to what the aftermarket performance parts builders have to offer. as example : aftermarket pipes and canisters are legion. every street rider with a gixxer or R1 gets one before leaving the dealer. what it would serves to ban them in production racing ?? same here. i'm not against the accu shadow entering the prod class. i'm just amazed as how the rules are applied. no consistency. here we are with a gun close to 2k's allowed in production which gets all the twists and whistles , but still ,i can't add a cerakote on my slide nor a SS rod ,both offering 0 performance addition.

Edited by sigsauerfan

now a well known R&D shop dedicated to CZ guns with enough ressources to MODIFY 2000 guns a year gets into deep mods from a given factory plateform , then that pass through the rules getting a prod gun status !!!!. well..i put a SS rod and a cerakote on my G17 slide and i'm bumped in limited!! oh well !!!

CZ Custom pistols are not on the IPSC Production list. They're approved for USPSA Production, but so is Cerakoting your Glock and installing a new guide rod. See Gaming your Glock.

Edited by Andreas

... I'd hate to see an arms race develop where competitive Production guns start approaching $2000 ...

Relative to everything else involved in competing, the price spread for a new (production) pistol to show up and have fun ($500) vs top of the line ($1700) to me isn't bad at all, and still much smaller than 'value' of my time for training, matches, reloading or the cost of a steady supply of ammo.

For the majority of folks that shoot local events, it seems what you buy and how much you spend more of a personal preference than a true competitive advantage?

Edited by trgt

Forgive me if I'm missing the mark as I only started into this game a few months ago..but aren't we forgetting that this competition is just a competition against ourselves? There's no interaction with any other participants so we are merely trying to better ourselves within the rules and guidlines of the game. If the rules say you can use an Accu-Shadow and you feel that using one can better yourself, the why not use it?

If you think the rules are terrible and inconsistent, then why play the game or why not go play a different game? Just like any sport or game, we're willingly subjecting ourselves to rules/guidlines set by a governing body. If you don't like them, nothing is keeping you from leaving.

• 3 weeks later...

Some one asked a question about accuracy and how much difference it made, I posted an answer and I am copying it here.

The accuracy of a pistol ammunition and shooter combo directly relates to the precision with which a shot can be taken.

When you know that the “pistol, ammo” combo is capable of a 1.5” group at 25 yards then anything less then that is the shooters ability to NOT maintain precise control of the pistol, (sight picture, grip, stance, balance, trigger control) the outcome of this is shooting slower and or better control of trigger and sights.
When the “pistol, ammo” combo is shooting 7” at 25 yards it doesn’t really matter how hard you try to shoot better the results we always be poor.

For Example
A/ If the gun ammo shooter combo is only capable of an 8” group at 25 yards then shooting a 6” plate becomes luck, you can shoot at the center of the plate and still miss or be 5” away be luck with the “off” shot in the group and still hit it!

B/ If the gun ammo shooter combo is capable of 3” at 25 yards now you hold is anywhere within 1.5” of the edge of the plate!

When we worked on the Accu shadow project, I spent many days on the range testing various ammo combos, we did ALL of the testing at 50 YARDS, and this is a harsh distance for most free hand shooting as well as a great test of the ammo and the pistol.
Some of the factory ammunition we shot, resulted in groups that were so horrifying I was amazed it was factory ammunition.

So FYI
Just because you pistol shoots a bad group don’t immediately blame yourself or you pistol first, we saw such horrific result with some factory 9mm at 50 yards that I was shocked