Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N320 should I give up and switch powders? UNAVAILABLE

oteroman

I have replaced it here with Alliant e3. Soft, clean, accurate and cheap. 9, 40 and .45 it's outstanding.

What is your 9mm load?

124 plated or jacketed @ 1.10 OAL, 3.6 to 3.8 grns of e3

147 plated or jacketed @ 1.45 OAL, 3.3 grns of e3

Edited by bowenbuilt

Try WW231. :cheers:

Ironic. I used 320 exclusively in my Production gun for two years. Went to Open. Now I put another Production gun together and tried 231 and liked it and thought it would be easier to get. Went to my local shop today and he was out of 231 but got some 320 in!

I shoot N320 with my .45 and 200gr S&S SWC's. Very accurate and low recoil, but I have had a difficult time deciding between it and switching to Clays. I shoot single stack and came up with 3 very good loads with N320, Clays, and WST for making major power factor. The WST was very accurate also, but to me seemed to have more recoil than equivalent loads with N320 and Clays. The Clays seemed to have the least felt recoil, but that load was not quite as accurate as the load for the N320. I made some adjustments to the OAL tonight and plan to compare the two again tomorrow.

I was using N320 with 147 L-FP out of a CZ Target Shadow.

I just picked up a S&W CORE 9mm with a Delta Point for Steel (just had to have it) and trying to get a replacement for N320. to shoot up a gizillion 147 L-FP

This gun is accurate with 115's 124's but I suspect no powder will make it print 147's but that is another thread.

I think I will try Alliant E3 if it dosen't work I will add it to the collection of Clays, S1000, TG, WST.

Edited by oteroman

I have replaced it here with Alliant e3. Soft, clean, accurate and cheap. 9, 40 and .45 it's outstanding.

Have you been loading 40 major short (1.135) ? I use 4.6gr Solo 1000 with 185 precision bullet now. I am in search of an alternate powder.

• 3 weeks later...