Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock bulge...

JunotFranco

Because of the tighter chambers most aftermarket barrels don't have it to the same extent. My KKM or Lone Wolf even with the GT Hole still don't bulge like the OEM barrel. That said, the newer Glock barrels don't have the "guppy" bulge like the older less supported models but you can see that the chambers are larger than most aftermarket barrels.

I get a slight bulge in every Glock barrel, factory or not. I have a few 34's and a 17. I shoot the same load and brass out of each gun and never have an "excessive" bulge that prevents them from chambering. I guess I even shoot these loads/brass out of my M&P pro and they function flawlessly. I think people worry about the whole Glock "bulge" too much..? Also, I load them in a Dillon 650 with RCBS dies.

Isn't that what the EGW undersized die is for? That's what I am using on the size/deprime stage. Get's rid of any bulge problems for the most part.

And --- I also use a KKM in my G24. Little to no bulge with that barrel.

Part of the problem with bulged brass is the brass that you get back that may not be from your gun. The GRX die is a push through die. Not sure that any die that is not a push through will get all of the bulge.

If the case head expands during the bulge the U die nor any other die will reach far enough down the case to bring that back to factory specs. Most of the problems I have had in the past were from cases shot in the older Glocks that had the "Guppy" bulge where one side of the case was bulged bad enough to effect the case head. The GRX or Bulge Buster will bring these cases back to proper size at the case head. I have a Bar-Sto barrel that will not chamber a guppy no matter what it has been sized with unless I run the case through a push through die first. The later Glocks are better supported so you don't see this type of bulge when they are shot but you never know what you get with range brass or what type of gun it was shot in so I bribe my wife into running all of them the first time through either a GRX or a Bulge buster before I load them. Since I don't own one of the older less supported Glocks I only have to do the push through one time. It sure saves a lot of head aches for me so whether they need it or not they all get it the first time before loading. I use the carbide GRX and the Bulge Buster comes in carbide so I don't use any kind of lube that has to be cleaned up later. If my Wife can do these without lube why add an extra step to an extra step? Just my 2 cents.

Redding GRX die especially if its range brass or at a match were you usually get some of whatever is on the ground. But I sold all the plastic guns and run all 1911 match bbl's that are tighter than the M&P's and glocks. The SIg will burp once in a while with the bulged brass.

So I run it all thru the GRX