Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MG vs HAP bullets?

DrLove

99% of the people I shoot with use MG bullets if they use jacketed. Aren't HAPS a good bit more expensive? MG's are excellent at putting holes in cardboard

Hey sarge, they are a little more expensive but really not that much more at all. I think the difference is a cent per bullet.

99% of the people I shoot with use MG bullets if they use jacketed. Aren't HAPS a good bit more expensive? MG's are excellent at putting holes in cardboard

Hey sarge, they are a little more expensive but really not that much more at all. I think the difference is a cent per bullet.

But I believe the MG bullets are easier to get on a regular basis. I really liked the 121 gr HAP's for my open gun but they are hard to find.

HAP: $155/K

MG: $96/K

so where did you find MG for 96/K? I must be buying from the wrong place??

so where did you find MG for 96/K? I must be buying from the wrong place??

Right from MG and they're in stock.

http://montanagoldbullet.com/index.php/9mm-121gr-ifp-80.html

$365 divided by 3.8 is $96.05/K. 3,800 is 3.8 K. Buying in bulk case quantity like that saves money.

By them by the thousand it's $148/K. Buy a case at a time you save $52 per K.

Edited by freakshow10mm

That's pretty good. little less than 2 cents a piece difference.

.02 cent difference doesn't sound bad on the surface....but shoot 10k a year...or 20k a year...shooting 20k a year would be $400 more per year, for no difference in performance...$400 buys another case of MG's, or a good bit of primers and powders...

MG 3,800 bullets for $365. 365/3800= .09605 per bullet or $96.05/K.

HAP 3,000 bullets for $300. 340/3000= .11333 per bullet or $113.33/K.

$17.28 per K difference. Every 2 cases of MG bullets you get a "free" K bullets for the savings over the HAPs.

20K per year bullet costs (using per K):

MG $1,921.00

HAP $2,266.60

$345.60 savings by buying MG over HAP. I don't like to throw money away. I'm going with MG as the better buy.

I have been shooting just a tad over 2000 bullets a month... I guess if you only shoot a dozen bullets a month... 2 cents a bullet does not add up to much....

Edited by cecil