Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Back to Back Level 2 USPSA matches

With all the talk about 8 shot revolver, I thought I would try something. How 'bout back to back Level 2 matches, shoot 6 in one 8 in the other. The match will be the same, like SS and REVO Nats, but we can shoot it with both 6 and 8 shot revolvers. Of course the match will be open to all USPSA Divisions, but I would love to see how many REVO guys and girls would like to see the obvious difference in Hit Factors over the match. Right now, I have the range with more than ample bays for a quality 10 Stage match, with chrono. Please give me an idea on how many REVO shooters would be interested, as well as everyone else, and I'll get stages submitted for approval. Right now the plan is for the last weekend in April 2014 Saturday the 26th and Sunday the 27th, with Staff shooting on Friday the 25th. If there is enough interest, this will happen, thanks for reading and looking forward to feedback, John Z.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will do, thanks for the reply, the matches will be held at "The Range" in Oxford, NC about 20 miles North of Raleigh. Plenty of hotels within 3-4 miles of the range, great facility, the home of "The Carolina Cup" and they held IDPA Nationals there in 2012.

Thanks for the replies my friends, looks like this will be a go. Must confirm the dates with the match owner and will gets apps done soon. Please remember, this is open to ALL Divisions, but I really wanted those with 6 and 8 shot revos to be able to shoot the same match with each gun. And like mentioned above, you can shoot just one match, or both indifferent Divisions, even the same Division if you want. These will be totally independent matches from an Admin standpoint. How many times have we shot a few stages and said after "range is clear" that "man, I should have shot that this way, or that way" now's your chance!!

John, I think the PSA shootout in Palmyra,PA is that weekend....it draws most of the revo shooters on the East coast....been doing that for over 13 years.....it might cut into your attendance....I just wanted to let you know if you have any flexibility on the dates yet....

DougC

Good point, really wanted to go before Nats, give all the revo shooters a good chance to practice both guns. Might still go with April, maybe a week or 2 earlier, must check on availability for 10 bays at the Range that day, I am really trying to work with EVERYONE on this, so please keep the feedback coming, try to make as many folks happy as I can, thanks, John Z.

Good point, really wanted to go before Nats, give all the revo shooters a good chance to practice both guns. Might still go with April, maybe a week or 2 earlier, must check on availability for 10 bays at the Range that day, I am really trying to work with EVERYONE on this, so please keep the feedback coming, try to make as many folks happy as I can, thanks, John Z.

I hear you, I plan on attending the revo nats as my * big match * for the year, I dont mind scattering about some smaller area and sectional matches throughout the year, but that might be close for some people.

Yes, they will be 2 separate matches, but identically the same setup. Shoot 1 match or both, they will be completely separate matches for USPSA mission count and classifier purposes, and if you choose to shoot both, they will be separate applications and all. That way you can really compare apples to apples, shoot one match in Limited and one in Open, or revo 6 shot and revo 8 shot, or SS and then as Limited 10 with same gun. How many times have we shot a match and said "man, I wish I shot Stage 6 this way, or should have done that on Stage 2", well now you can!! Just trying to give shooters something a little different this year. Thanks to everyone for your questions and input.

I went to send you a PM so as not to spam your thread but I think your inbox is full. To clarify, is one match going to be on one day, and the other on the next? Or is one match going to be one weekend, and the other on the next weekend? But that does sound like a neat premise.

I went to send you a PM so as not to spam your thread but I think your inbox is full. To clarify, is one match going to be on one day, and the other on the next? Or is one match going to be one weekend, and the other on the next weekend? But that does sound like a neat premise.

Not sure about the inbox, but I'll check on that, thanks. Yes, it will be "Match 6 vs. 8" on Saturday and "Match 8 vs. 6" on Sunday (if those will be the match names) This way in 1 weekend with only one trip, folks can shoot 2 Level 2 matches back to back. Remember, this is not limited to just REVO shooters (but I hope we get a bunch to resolve the whole 6 vs. 8 thing with some real Hit Factor data), anyone is welcome in any Division. I'm working on stages now, the range is on board 100%, my regular RO's are excited and will be looking for some extra RO's to work the match. Anyone interested, plesae let us know. Will try to have apps done very soon. Appreciate all the input from everyone, John Z.

Just curious - I saw above about staff shooting on Friday. Does that mean they'll shoot the match twice in one day?

Great question Zack, that would probably be too much, most likely have Thurs and Fri for Staff to shoot, or if up to it, they could in one day. Sometimes I type stuff before I've thought everything through, appreciate the question my friend. This looks like a a winner, will get all other info in place as soon as I can.