Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats in your USPSA bag

quicky06

Recently started shooting Pistol games. Got a deal on a Handgunners backpack. I like it for what it is but using it as designed I do not have any where to put ammo. So I've changed things up a bit so my Maint kit, Ammo and muffs go in the pistol compartment and my guns go in the hearing compartment.

So heres whats in my kit. Let me know if I am missing anything

Primary Gun M&P Pro 5" 40

Back up gun M&P VTAC 40

4 140mm Magazines

2 15rd factory mags (these will work in the back up gun if needed and i can use the bodies and followers for the primary)

Uplula Mag Loader

Electronic muffs

Disposable foam plugs( need to get custom molded plugs)

My Eyes dont stay in my bag, They are Rx safety glasses i wear at work all day so i keep them in the car.

Staple gun

Box of Staples

Roll of Duck Tape

Mag Brush

Grease and a little bottle of oil

Cleaning kit (self contained bore brush, jag, mop, 25 patches, rod and screw driver bits)

Gun cloth

Allen kits ( metric and standard)

Torx kit

ELS Belt

2 mag pouches

DAA Racemaster

Spare parts kit ( I know I need more)

-Spare Batteries for the Ear Muffs

-Factory grip retainer
-Factory Striker Spring
-Fatory trigger
-Factory recoil spring assembly
-13lb and 18lb recoil springs ( I run 15 have them on order)
-Chamber Flag
-Some q tips
Now I Keep a complete tool kit and spare parts kit in the car (Think everything I have for guns). Plan on ordering a lot more spare parts to match the atermarket parts I use including recoil springs, apex spring kit, mag springs, Also want to get a paster gun and spare hardware for the race master. I would also like to get a mesh tarp (CED) for practice.
So tell me what do you think. Am I missing something? All this goes inside the back pack which has a built in rain cover and goes with me form stage to stage. I've never had an issue at a match so im not sure what te procedures are when it comes to going to your car to get tools and and parts and fixing the issue during a match.
Oh and in case you notice in the picture I keep my spare compact mags in the bag so I can just load up the guns and go to the range.

photo-24.jpg

EDITED because I don't know ow to load pictures.

Edited by quicky06

I personally have a second bag that stays in the truck for the following.

shoes

umbrella

tool kit

parts kit

spare ammo

spare mags

spare eyes

spare ears

plastic bags

This keeps the main bag as light as possible. And I do NOT carry a stapler in my range bag. If I am going to practice, chrono, etc I have a tool box for all that kind of stuff.

Range bags can get too heavy too easy.

I guess I don't have enough crap in my bag.

For a match:

Eyes

ears

mags

pistol

ammo

mag loader

fiber rods and lighter

hand warmers (if cold)

bag for brass

bannana

crackers

water.

If I need something else, I'll just borrow something from someone who has more crap than I do.

For range practice, it's a different story, I have an additional bag for that.

Found a half eaten pack of peanut butter crackers in the bottom if mine yesterday. :)

That's not as bad as finding a month old banana. :) Reached in one of the pockets and felt something that just wasn't right. If you do take a banana in your bag, eat it, don't save it for later.

Found a half eaten pack of peanut butter crackers in the bottom if mine yesterday. :)

That's not as bad as finding a month old banana. :) Reached in one of the pockets and felt something that just wasn't right. If you do take a banana in your bag, eat it, don't save it for later.

At least your bag will smell good for a while,,,can't say about a month

For matches

Spare gun

More ammo than I really need (I hope)

ears

eyes

squib rod

fiber optic repair stuff

Multi-tool

mag brush

spare recoil spring

Copy of USPSA rule book

Grip powder

Mag loader

Sunscreen, bandaids, advil

Rain jacket (if called for)

Snacks/drinks

For staplers, targets, etc. - I have a box in my truck.

I personally have a second bag that stays in the truck for the following.

shoes

umbrella

tool kit

parts kit

spare ammo

spare mags

spare eyes

spare ears

plastic bags

This keeps the main bag as light as possible. And I do NOT carry a stapler in my range bag. If I am going to practice, chrono, etc I have a tool box for all that kind of stuff.

Range bags can get too heavy too easy.

Gun Buggy time when it get's too heavy :D

I always have a gym bag in trunk with all needed to clean just in case (always take it to all matches). Within back-pack for matches, I also carry back up production glock 34 and trauma kit in additional usual stuff