Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which cargo pants would you recommend?

jayjay1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5.11 stryke pants. Men and Women. I can say that they have the best cut. Not baggy at all and comfy material.

5.11 are on 25% off right now with free shipping $25 and up. CYB25.

Where? CHIEF SUPPLY?

I tore through tru-spec and 5.11 in about a month each when I was deployed.

I purchased some carhartt rip stop cargo pants which are slightly more costly but much much higher quality. Also I'm pretty happy to say they don't have the word tactical anywhere in the description.

I tore through tru-spec and 5.11 in about a month each when I was deployed.

I purchased some carhartt rip stop cargo pants which are slightly more costly but much much higher quality. Also I'm pretty happy to say they don't have the word tactical anywhere in the description.

I picked up a set of Duluth Trading's firehose fatigue pants. I like them fine, they're what is in my profile pic. it's exactly like Carhartt pants except in a familiar pattern, water resistant, and has room for your balls. No really, they pride themselves on having oversized crotch gussets.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/mens-fire-hose-fatigue-cargo-pants-45504.aspx

20% off of them today. They would be heavier than alot of the "tactical" style pants. Whether that's good or bad is up to you to decide. I have a mini-farm so I like heavy pants for things like chainsawing.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

5.11 stryke pants. Men and Women. I can say that they have the best cut. Not baggy at all and comfy material.

5.11 are on 25% off right now with free shipping $25 and up. CYB25.

Where? CHIEF SUPPLY?

5.11's own website. 511tactical.com

galls, LAPG, they are all 25% off i believe. But at 5.11s website they have some clearance or discounted items already which are pretty good deal adding the coupon.

I just tried the 5.11 jean cut hoping they would fit better, but they were also huge on me.  Probably because they only come in even waist sizes and I'm a 31.  Does anyone make pants in size 31 that aren't super baggy? 

Which pant did you try? I suggest Stryke.

I just tried the 5.11 jean cut hoping they would fit better, but they were also huge on me. Probably because they only come in even waist sizes and I'm a 31. Does anyone make pants in size 31 that aren't super baggy?

I've tried the regular 5.11, 5.11 taclite jean cut, and Tru Specs. They were all way too big/baggy for me. It looks like the Strykes also only come in even sizes.

I just tried the 5.11 jean cut hoping they would fit better, but they were also huge on me. Probably because they only come in even waist sizes and I'm a 31. Does anyone make pants in size 31 that aren't super baggy?

I've tried the regular 5.11, 5.11 taclite jean cut, and Tru Specs. They were all way too big/baggy for me. It looks like the Strykes also only come in even sizes.

I think the Vertx pants have a slimer, less baggy fit. Also available in 1" increment waist sizes up to 36. Unfortunately, the Vertx front pockets aren't deep enough to conceal a J frame.

I think the Vertx pants have a slimer, less baggy fit. Also available in 1" increment waist sizes up to 36. Unfortunately, the Vertx front pockets aren't deep enough to conceal a J frame.

Thanks, I'll look into them. I don't see the size 31 on Amazon Prime :( , it's nice having the free returns in case they don't fit...

Thanks, I'll look into them. I don't see the size 31 on Amazon Prime :( , it's nice having the free returns in case they don't fit...

they fit snugly, but not tight - hard to properly describe because while the legs are sized well, the waist typically feels tight because of the elastic

if you are normally a 31 I would consider a 32

I normally wear 32 pants with the waist slightly taut while 33 is slightly loose. with the vertx pants the 33 fits nicely in the waist and a little looser in the legs. I have pairs in 32 and 33 and like both because I would prefer comfortable fitting waist with legs that are not too baggy.

Edited by polymerfeelsweirdman