Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classic targets at the Nationals

Ups........ if you don't like the classic target what sh.t will happen if you ever come to Europe and find a match with a lot of half classic targets (like in France). If you're used to shoot little half targets what happens if you shoot them at a double size at WS? Third time in a row second place for Todd J perhaps?

Now, big ballons and you might be on to something. Spectator interest ;)

Tannerite targets would be the shizzle to get spectators interested. I've got a homemade recipe for a tannerite-like binary explosive that's hella cheap and produces a brighter flash than tannerite.

Teehee. :P

The type of people with religious hatred of Classic targets don't travel to matches outside the U.S. Especially France.

:lol::lol:

I think it's a shame we're not allowed to use Metric targets anymore in The Netherlands. But, I DO think that shooting classics for practice will help. Everytime I shoot at a metric target (yes, we still have some left) in practice, I feel like I'm shooting at a barn door :PB) Practicing metric only will certainly be a disadvantage if you're going to the World Shoot.

But hey, I'm not going to tell you which target to use in your matches. Have fun either way :)

I don't think OUR Nationals should be used as practice for the WS! If you're going to the WS, practice the classics - but don't force me to use them with you!

Well said.

Screw the political correctness of the "Classic" target. And as somone else said, "I won't be going to Europe, or any where else I have to fly to (Not unless they let me carry my gun on the plane), to shoot a match and NEVER to France. Been to France a long time ago, early 70's, and didn't like it then.

I have a idea.

Move the A zone on the classic target from the center to the outside edge. This way you can be TOTALLY politically correct and get the highest points for just wounding the target instead of shooting for the KILL zone. Boy this is a touchy subject for me.

Being of the mind set that targets are pieces of paper/cardboard that we use to indicate whether or not we know how to shoot, I'm rather oblivious to the whole PC/not-PC thing.

Classic targets are smaller and don't allow the accidental 1 alpha, 1 alpha and so seem a better test of shooting ability. I find this appealing.

Thinking about it, so long as there's something to shoot at, I can probably adapt. I like Flex's soda can suggestion, so long as they are set up so that they will fall if the shot comes anywhere near them :P

Kevin

Thinking about it, so long as there's something to shoot at, I can probably adapt. I like Flex's soda can suggestion, so long as they are set up so that they will fall if the shot comes anywhere near them :P

Kevin

I agree, but we need full cans that someone shakes them up before shooting. Makes a pretty neat reactive target

I don't care if we use ballons and pop cans as targets. Lets shoot!

:D

My first reaction was to totally agree with Flex on this one. Then I started thinking that it just would not be PC. Pop cans and balloons would constitute an environmental hazard. But Flex has the right idea. I suggest we use Zucchini and just shoot! ;)

Ah yes, the political correctness. Well, I don't think Max, Travis or TGO would care less about that. They would just like to win the World Shoot.

I believe the question here is: Would you like to help those who attend the WS by using the WS-targets in the Nationals? It has very little to do with PC-ness really.

Yes, i think we shoudl help them, but not by totally switching targets, i mean come on how many of the people going to nationals are actually going to the world shoot?????

I think we should have a few stages that way. but not a total match with those. i'm all for helping but not helping a few.. less than a 4th of the people by driving the entire rest of the group nuts!

Yes, i think we shoudl help them, but not by totally switching targets, i mean come on how many of the people going to nationals are actually going to the world shoot?????

That makes sense. It's the only thing I could think of to not switch actually :)

Every one who will be goiing to the WS probably will practice allready on the classic target. :D

The nationals will be a piece of cake to them if they have to shoot on the metric target :) . Why? Somebody :wub: wrote the metric target was as big as a barn door ?!! :D:lol:B)

So why bother? :wacko: