Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-75B magazines

kirbinster

eerw- Mine is 9mm

Warpspeed - I ordered two from Natchezss but was not aware of the 15 day return policy. Should have them next Monday so I guess we will see then.

the 12-round 40 mags from mecgar work awesome in the 9mm gun (and vise versa, they are the same mag except for the location of the holes). They will hold 17 rds of 9mm, but they are labeled to hold 12 rounds. Not sure what the legal issues might be. Thankfully I don't have to care.

eerw- Mine is 9mm

Warpspeed - I ordered two from Natchezss but was not aware of the 15 day return policy. Should have them next Monday so I guess we will see then.

the 12-round 40 mags from mecgar work awesome in the 9mm gun (and vise versa, they are the same mag except for the location of the holes). They will hold 17 rds of 9mm, but they are labeled to hold 12 rounds. Not sure what the legal issues might be. Thankfully I don't have to care.

I believe in The PR of NJ that earns you two years in a cell with Bubba :(

eerw- Mine is 9mm

I believe in The PR of NJ that earns you two years in a cell with Bubba :(

Is it just a crime if you *use* the 40 magazines? or does owning a 12-round 40 mag constitute a crime in and of itself? Or is it only a crime if you don't actually own a .40 gun?

what if you use the 17-round 9mm mag in your 40, where it only holds a legal 12-rounds? I use a 17-round mag with extension (holds 19 rounds of 9mm or 14 rds of 40) as my barney mag in production.

I'm skeered to go to a match in NJ now.

Edited by motosapiens

I life in Kalifornia and have for over a decade. Honestly, when have you ever had the capacity of one of your mags questioned by someone in authority? If it hasn't happened to people here then I doubt it's really happening anywhere.

Sorry for the thread drift. I have a 75b on the way so can't wait to shoot it.

I life in Kalifornia and have for over a decade. Honestly, when have you ever had the capacity of one of your mags questioned by someone in authority? If it hasn't happened to people here then I doubt it's really happening anywhere.

Sorry for the thread drift. I have a 75b on the way so can't wait to shoot it.

I have never been checked either but remember, possession is not illegal in CA, it is in NJ

Possession of a device that can feed more than 15 rounds is a crime in NJ. That said you are probably OK with your .40 cal 12 round magazine as long as you keep it away from your 9mm gun. Once you insert it into the gun or even load one round of 9mm ammo into it I think you could be opening yourself up to some serious legal issues. Remember that unlike some places, handguns are strictly illegal in NJ except by specific exemptions.

I guess if i were in your situation I would just get a 1911 and shoot L10, and not worry about any laws, or magazine availability.

Or trade your 9mm for a 40 (if you can find one). a 75b in .40 is a great gun for production if you reload.

Edited by motosapiens

i apologize for my ignorance. i always hear soo much complaining about CA that i never expected another place to be worse. i have 6 mags coming for my 75b i just ordered, so we'll see how they all work.

They have to be permanenty pinned and welded such that they can't be made into a 15 round magazine without significant work involving tools. That level of work almost always renders the magazines sealed so that they can't be opened and cleaned. Not really worth it.

Pinned mags are a real pain in the ____ here in NJ.

Side note - I have a CZ here in NJ. 15 round ProMags feed fine, but don't have a last-round-hold-open. I have a whole bunch of 10 round factory mags for competing in Production USPSA and IDPA. I do carry out of state, but with a compact Glock, not my supremely heavy SP01 (which I had to swap out the grips to even make IDPA max weight), so having 15 rounders for the CZ doesn't really do me any good anyway.

Side note - I have a CZ here in NJ. 15 round ProMags feed fine, but don't have a last-round-hold-open. I have a whole bunch of 10 round factory mags for competing in Production USPSA and IDPA. I do carry out of state, but with a compact Glock, not my supremely heavy SP01 (which I had to swap out the grips to even make IDPA max weight), so having 15 rounders for the CZ doesn't really do me any good anyway.

So where did you find the 10 round mags and what do they cost. I got the two ProMags in the mail yesterday and they seem fine except that they don't lock back on empty*****. Wish I had been told about that before ordering. I think Natchessz should have that listed on the webpage, but oh well. Figure I will keep them as they were cheap enough. The 16 rounds and pinning get kind of expensive, so maybe I can get the 10 rounds for less as that will be fine.

*****Well I said the ProMags don't lock back as that was what I was told above. I took them to the range today and they worked perfectly in my new CZ-75B matte stainless. They locked back each time with no issues.

Edited by kirbinster

Unfortunately the old pre-ban cz and mec-gar 15 round mags can almost always hold 16 rounds. So even though marked 15, I would think they would be illegal in NJ, unless there is a state pre-ban exception. NY got rid of the pre-ban exception, and soon 10 round mags (or lower capacity) will be the only ones legal in the state. And you can only load 7 unless you're at the range!