Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sizing brass prior to reloading

hiker88

I've been using a standard Lee resizing die, screwed all the way down until it barely kisses the shell plate. It works with range pickup brass in my 9x19s and my .40 M&P, all with factory barrels. If you've got a tight match chamber, you might need to go the Case Pro route.

I've been using a standard Lee resizing die, screwed all the way down until it barely kisses the shell plate. It works with range pickup brass in my 9x19s and my .40 M&P, all with factory barrels.

This!

I use Lee dies in my Dillon and have never had an issue with range brass, even in a tight aftermarket barrel.

Using standard Dillon carbide 9mm dies I ran about 2% of my Glock brass that wouldn't resize properly. In a Dillon 650 I have a separate tool head with a Lee Universal de cap die in station 1, Dillon carbide sizing die (No de cap pin) in station 4 and a Lee undersized (U die) 9mm die (no de cap) in station 5. While more complicated, I've had zero issues since switching to this method.

You can purchase a Lee undersized 9mm die fro Midway or EGW.

Mike

I use hornady 9mm dies and lee .40 dies. 100% of the hornady 9mm loaded rounds drop right into my wilson case cage. The .40 sometimes don't drop in. I have recently been running all my finished rounds through the lee bulge buster so I get the .40 to 100% drop in the case gauge