Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why anyone wants them at all? I'm willing to hear a good argument for something other than the standard grip screws (or aluminum grip ones) that have the standard slot. I use allen heads on my 1911s because I just about never take the grips off, but I like to take them off my Tanfo when I do a detail cleaning because I don't want to harm the wood or mess them up taking the ambi safety off.

If it's looks that's cool. If not, is there some other benefit to the Henning/CZ Torx screws?

ROFL!

I actually like the torx. I just got a handy little driver that has T10 and T20 heads. the henning are T10 the ones that come with fancy CZ grips are T20 but I replaced those with henning ones.

The only benefit is they are stronger being EDM'd out of stainless so it's much harder to gall a thread. as atlas pointed out having the torx or hex head means not chance of screw driver slipping out of the slot. on my tanfog I barely take the grips off anyway. CZ is a different story as it comes off to get out the hammer spring.

anyway, torx is no hassle to me and the henning screws look bling. :) yes they are massively overpriced.

Atlas, look at it from the bright side! you have grip screws for 1500 project guns! Or you can open a website selling grip screws for half Hennings price and make huge margin!

With regards to torx or others, i use the allen version. Simply because i have allen screws on other places of the guns as well.

(Except for the wooden grips were there IMO for the looks has to be standard slot)

And i don't buy them in bulk...I get them from a local bolt shop 10pcs in a zip bag...so I can have two in the range bag and the rest in the workshop.

Beerbaron, i think you can even get these in industrial grade 8.8 and 12.9. And with the 12.9 it should be even harder than with Hennings to gall a thread.

I think that we now have given George a few options on getting grip screws... :lol:

Edited by saratoga

Atlas, look at it from the bright side! you have grip screws for 1500 project guns! Or you can open a website selling grip screws for half Hennings price and make huge margin!

With regards to torx or others, i use the allen version. Simply because i have allen screws on other places of the guns as well.

(Except for the wooden grips were there IMO for the looks has to be standard slot)

And i don't buy them in bulk...I get them from a local bolt shop 10pcs in a zip bag...so I can have two in the range bag and the rest in the workshop.

Beerbaron, i think you can even get these in industrial grade 8.8 and 12.9. And with the 12.9 it should be even harder than with Hennings to gall a thread.

I think that we now have given George a few options on getting grip screws... :lol:

Indeed you have ;)

So I have this interesting piece here. It's a hunter lower with a stock 3 upper in 10mm. Think of it as a blued limited pro I guess. I'll let it go for $850 with a mag or if someone wants the upper/lower I'll split it. I also have a 4.75in barrel in 10mm from an elite match (barrel is same as other elite guns) that Ill sell for $100

20140907_232842_zps3ec0a5b9.jpg20140907_233018_zps5a235598.jpg20140907_233143_zpsd317180d.jpg

I'd think of it more as a stock II without the cone barrel. or conversely a stock III but with no rail but full length DC.

Should be a nice package for someone. not sure on it's legality for production but it would be fine for limited of course. :)

Sorry guys, you're both wrong, the Hunter Frame is closest to the Limited Frame (actually extremely close with the obvious difference being one is hard chromed and the other is blued).

Yes, the Stock II dust cover reaches the end of a standard length slide, so a quarter inch shorter than the Limited and Hunter.

Gotcha. With all the variations you'd think that they'd sell frames separately?

mate, this is tanfoglio. logic plays no part in it!!! :)

Edited by BeerBaron