Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

Yes, I never liked how the Hunter has only four serrations in the front rather than six like the others; makes it look like an after thought. Maybe because it is? because the took a Limited frame and just stuck a 6" slide on it then there wasn't enough room to cut six serrations...

Anyway, I plan to cut the dust cover back past the serrations and make it look like it was designed to be a 6".

The slide was reduced by 1.7oz.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what trigger is that in it?

It's a 30 year old Austin Behlert, sexy isn't it?!?

I still plan to cut back the dust cover to take a little more weight off the nose, I'm thinking I'll do the frame in black and the slide in hard chrome

yeah it's a nice looking trigger.

I think cutting the extra serrations in the front of the slide is also making it look shorter. with only the 4 and all that flat realestate it really looked long before.

With the lightening cuts, the colour combo and the extra serrations it makes it look much more 'normal' length.

I just took it to the range and it is awesome! Shot it back to back with the Limited and there was nothing not to like: the weight and balance is almost the same, there is significantly less straight back push, and a little less muzzle rise. I plan to stroke it by 0.100" and see what it does...

I have a Limited .40 and a Stock II 10mm, plus some extra barrels / top ends

I just picked up a 9mm Gold Team barrel. I'd like to get an extra slide to go with it. It would need to be the "standard" length, not the "longslide". IE, 4.5" barrel, not 4.75", and it has to be for a coned barrel.

I want it to be from the Elite line - IE, not the bottom line guns. Not sure if they even make a coned barrel slide in the low end guns, probably dont, but just sayin..... I like the fit / finish / interchangeable front sights of the Elite guns

I want that extra slide so i can drill / ream holes in it to match the barrel ports on the gold team barrel

I'm willing to buy that slide outright, OR, i'd be willing to offer a NIB / like new 9mm Limited barrel in trade or partial trade. I'm willing to sell that barrel outright, but I'll wait till I get that extra slide before letting it go

Let me know what you have.

I'm pretty new here, but I'd like to think that Nealio would vouch for me if absolutely necessary :)

Thanks!

Yeah, i thought the list of possible slides would be short. Tanfoglio seems to make so many different models, some they dont import here, that I never know if there is something ELSE that will work

As for where i got the barrel, I found a guy who has a small, but steady stream of Tanfo parts - typically top ends and barrels. He will go for a while and not have anything, and then get a few things in

Over the past 4 months or so, i've purchased from him:

Complete top ends / conversion kits:

10mm Limited

38 Super Limited

45 ACP Match

Barrels:

Gold Team 9mm

TWO 9mm Limiteds. One of which I'd be willing to put in on trade for something

All the stuff has been NIB, or LNIB (unfired, but may have some small handling marks, and a couple things had some small corrosion spots from someone

handling them & then not oiling them up for storage)

I dont know if its normal for Tanfo barrels, but all look like they were fitted to a gun, but not fired. Fitting looks factory.

Anyways, the guy has good prices, ships fast, and is nice to deal with.

NOTE - I have ZERO relationship with this guy, except for buying parts from him. I benefit nothing on any sale, except helping fellow Tanfo enthusiasts get parts

Also, I'm new to this board, so I hope this didn't sound like an ad for the guy or anything. I only responded b/c I was asked. If I stepped on any toes just let me know....

If you want the guys contact info send me a PM. I told him I'd be happy to pass his info along to people who might want some of his stuff

Yeah, i thought the list of possible slides would be short. Tanfoglio seems to make so many different models, some they dont import here, that I never know if there is something ELSE that will work

As for where i got the barrel, I found a guy who has a small, but steady stream of Tanfo parts - typically top ends and barrels. He will go for a while and not have anything, and then get a few things in

Over the past 4 months or so, i've purchased from him:

Complete top ends / conversion kits:

10mm Limited

38 Super Limited

45 ACP Match

Barrels:

Gold Team 9mm

TWO 9mm Limiteds. One of which I'd be willing to put in on trade for something

All the stuff has been NIB, or LNIB (unfired, but may have some small handling marks, and a couple things had some small corrosion spots from someone

handling them & then not oiling them up for storage)

I dont know if its normal for Tanfo barrels, but all look like they were fitted to a gun, but not fired. Fitting looks factory.

Anyways, the guy has good prices, ships fast, and is nice to deal with.

NOTE - I have ZERO relationship with this guy, except for buying parts from him. I benefit nothing on any sale, except helping fellow Tanfo enthusiasts get parts

Also, I'm new to this board, so I hope this didn't sound like an ad for the guy or anything. I only responded b/c I was asked. If I stepped on any toes just let me know....

If you want the guys contact info send me a PM. I told him I'd be happy to pass his info along to people who might want some of his stuff

Send me a pm with his info

Thanks

Snuck in some shots with my new "open" gun while we were waiting on scores from the Idaho NSSF Rimfire Challenge. As a side note that's 2 years in a row where my conversion ran 100%. In fact I think I have had maybe 2 failures in the last 3,000 rounds.

Anyway, I was hoping my standard minor loads would work in this gun. They "work" but I can't really tell any difference between this and my Limited gun. Going to try some Power Pistol here soon.

Pic of the Magnaport:

magnaport_zps7e2bc66e.jpg