Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

Hey guys, quick question for you. I just installed the hennings long flat trigger on my match witness. After doing so, there is an issue with my hammer. When cocked back and dry fired, the hammer seems to be hitting the firing pin and bouncing off, resulting in the hammer being left in the half cocked position. This happens about 80% of the time when dry fired. I have not put live rounds through it with this issue yet. There was a trigger job done to the stock trigger and I put the #18 plunger in and the #16 return. Egw sear and hammer, extended firing pin, etc. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kneelingatlas - I put it all the way in and all the way out last night to see. Same results but I will try again when I get home from work.

Nealio - I can see the hammer making contact and bouncing off.

Wow, ok thank you. Heres what I don't understand though, the hammer and sear have been in the gun for awhile with the stock trigger and has never had a problem. Why would this new trigger cause the hammer to start malfunctioning? This never happened with thr stock trigger.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought a 10mm Hunter with plans to build a really bad ass 6" Limited gun, obviously a .40 barrel would be ideal, but at $321 from EAA it seems like a waste, but I have an idea: I know there are some 10mm junkies out there so if anyone is interested in a 10mm compensated top end, I will do the work for you and use my 6" 10mm barrel if you buy me a 6" .40 barrel. Anyone interested in something like that?

I recently bought a 10mm Hunter with plans to build a really bad ass 6" Limited gun, obviously a .40 barrel would be ideal, but at $321 from EAA it seems like a waste, but I have an idea: I know there are some 10mm junkies out there so if anyone is interested in a 10mm compensated top end, I will do the work for you and use my 6" 10mm barrel if you buy me a 6" .40 barrel. Anyone interested in something like that?

Just load your .40s really really long ;)

I load to 1.23" cartridge overall length in my .40 (using 10mm mags), but I think the headspace would be way too long if you were shooting .40 cases in a 10mm barrel. You'd have to rely on the extractor to hold the cartridge in place or load the cartridge so long that the bullet is jammed into the rifling (which would limit you to minor power factor type loads- because the pressures would jump significantly). Just my two cents, YMMV.

Mine did the same thing but when you dry fire with a snap cap it won't bounce and in live fire it ran perfect I also have hennings trigger we did a little relief cut but still bounced with out a snap cap

Edited by Big Dog Howie

Anyone on here have a regular plastic baseplate for a k9 mag that they dont use. I destroyed one and need another. Or if you wanna point me in The direction of where i can buy them I'll take that also. Thanks guys.

I have some Mecgar plastic base plates for the 38 super large frame, 9mm large frame mags.

If these will work and you want a couple let me know.

I have some Mecgar plastic base plates for the 38 super large frame, 9mm large frame mags.

If these will work and you want a couple let me know.

Do u have any retainer that lock into the base pad?

Probably, I pretty much take the stock spring, followers, and basepads off and toss them in a box.

All I use is the tube.

If you need a couple, let me know.

WTT: (3)K9 17RD for either (3) K40 15RD or K40 140mm mags with cash on my end

WTB/WTT: Limited ambi safety

I have low profile ambi safety (standard steel frame style polished) or

A Polished Stock II ambi safety with a partially shaved RHS with cash on my side

Figured posting here made more sense than classified