Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is my father's and my (mainly his, so I use the term we loosely) newest project (I'm still working on my basepads), we decided we need more extended tubes. But we decided to make them not buy them. They are coming along great! so far we have one finished extended capacity tube and are going to weld another soon. We did some math and figured that you can make 2 extended capacity tubes out of 3 factory tubes. You cant quite make 2 170mm tubes out of 3 factory tubes but you can make 1 170mm and one slightly shorter (we finished the short one and with a brand new 13 coil spring it will hold 26 easy). it needs some more polishing on the inside to make it perfect but as of right now we have a "functioning" (as in can load it to 26 and unload it without the follower or spring hanging up on the inside of the magazine) 26 round magazine with more on the way.

I also feel the need to mention that this project was largely in response to me converting my father back to the witness platform after he shot my open witness and decided he wanted one :D .

post-49553-0-31066500-1393385659_thumb.j

post-49553-0-98237500-1393385664_thumb.j

post-49553-0-28658400-1393385693_thumb.j

post-49553-0-23880000-1393385699_thumb.j

More pictures to follow as the project progresses

yeah +1. good stuff. :)

you could probably make a bit of dough selling them. do a package of 2 with the "big stick" and the "slightly-less big stick". if you can get the tubes cheap enough (I'm guessing you just use the 17 round mecgar tubes), put in the grams springs and followers, add a nice basepad and then tune it up. I'm sure people would pay a fair price for a big stick and basically a back-up big stick. :)

Edited by BeerBaron

yeah +1. good stuff. :)

you could probably make a bit of dough selling them. do a package of 2 with the "big stick" and the "slightly-less big stick". if you can get the tubes cheap enough (I'm guessing you just use the 17 round mecgar tubes), put in the grams springs and followers, add a nice basepad and then tune it up. I'm sure people would pay a fair price for a big stick and basically a back-up big stick. :)

Can't say that we haven't thought about that, but like the basepads we need to finish them and get them working good/ and a little more practice making them

Ok well I just finished polishing the internals. I can get 26 in there no problem, I still have to polish the outside and get it looking pretty again. Then of course I have to re coat the outside, I have plans to cerakote it eventually but a big match on the horizon forces me to work more on this after.

post-49553-0-45194500-1393466401_thumb.j

The picture is of the newly finished magazine, with a 13 coil grams spring and follower, and my prototype base pad from a-while ago.

Well it must be a little shorter as the stock guild rod is definitely shorter then my long slide Hennings cone fit one. Heres a pic of the set up.

Ill be posting an extensive post hopefully by the end of the weekend on the five slides and the two gun we got and how they work, fit and what was needed to build these guns and all the modificatiion needed to make them work.

Looks like I might try cutting down the guild rod, or ill look for a used one first. Dont know yet :)20140220_000151.jpg

Cheers,

Evan

Love the look of this gun!

Thanks man. I got a little photo happy and heres another one I thought looked good.

Cheers,

Evan

2014-02-27195747.png

Edited by Workingspy

Looks nice on pictures , but just wondering , small frame , .40 cal , short bullets max about 1.113" pads don't fit the uspsa or ipsc box what was the purpose behind this build cuz don't look much like a competition gun to me.