Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My First...

Sharyn

Here it is... my first, very own, Open gun! I'll work on the picture quality... and the gun isn't quite finished yet... but I took it to test fire today and...

WOOOO HOOOOO!!! :D

Briley is still working on the cobalt blue anodizing for the aluminum parts (magwell, scope mount and SV trigger) so they put the black temporary parts on so I can shoot it. :wub: Also, the grip needs to be cut/molded/fancied up (whatever) and a few other foofy things.

.38 Super, hard chromed by Tripp, Acc-u-railed... I'm in love...

icon12.gifOG.jpgicon12.gif

Here it is... my first, very own, Open gun!

I'm in love...

I remember my first one like it was yesterday ... I'm still in love :wub:

One thing though, I have hybrid holes like you do and you might want to consider a blast shield for your c-more.

ENJOY!

Is Claudio Salassa still doing Briley's work?

i dont think claudio sall.... actually builds guns anymore. im pretty sure he still works there though.

so, sharyn,sharron,sharon (since no one really knows how to spell your name) whens the gun going to edgardo? :P

EricW, I'm the Torturer of Borrowed guns... since this is *mine* I'm hoping my luck has changed... dammit! ;)

short round, the 'Design Engineer' went over all the options with me and we decided that we like the look of simplicity better. No blast shields, slide rackers, thumb rests, thumb guards, etc. I guess when I trash my first C-more, I'll learn. :lol:

Tom, you are welcome to borrow my battery operated... er... gun anytime you want. :P

Yes, Claudio is still with Briley although he's behind a computer most of the time.

roby, you're mean. :P I hope to 'consult' with "edgardo" on pretty-ing up the grip.

Thanks everyone! eerw is right... but I haven't made it to the first kiss... yet.

Today, I'm in San Antonio and I'm going to shoot it in my first Steel match. What a fantastic weekend!!!

Nice gun, amazing you didn't get a 4.5 or 4" barreled gun. Nice to see old school full size blasters and that racegun is soooo pretty. Maybe I'll get my full size open guns prettied up with a hard chrome finish. Did you go with a bull barrel or bushing? My advice to you is to get a blast cover for your C-more. My comp guns have reverse rake compensators and my lense gets all fogged up after a stage. I think hybrid holes are terrible on the lenses if not blast shielded. I suppose with 165pf it won't pop your tooth fillings, that's if you have any (fillings not tooth). :D Please do tell us how it shoots.... josh

shred, it was an absolute pleasure meeting you and the rest of the Austin/San Antonio folks. Thanks for showing me the ropes! I hope we will have many more opportunities to shoot together in the future. If not sooner, I'm sure we'll run into each other at Space City... I'm extremely tempted to contact Penny and Alison to beg for an "all girls" squad at Space City... Penny seemed to respond well to begging. :lol:;)

I hope Marc appreciates me allowing him to beat me on Sunday. I thought it would be rude to beat my host at both matches. :lol:(I'm fibbing) ;) Thanks for such a great time!

The gun is amazing and ran perfectly at both matches. It only had one small hiccup and I really have to attribute that to the mag spring and not the gun. It's quick, smooth and very accurate. Aside from a few comfort and aesthetic measures (which are currently in the making), it's everything I wanted from an Open gun. Jeff and the folks at Briley did an outstanding job. Many thanks to them.

joshua, Jeff let me try his shorty Open gun too. Although I really liked the ability to draw and point it faster, I just couldn't manage it well throughout a stage. I think I do much better with full-sized guns that are a little lightened up front. In all honesty, I couldn't tell you if it has a bull or bushing barrel... I just don't know that much about Open guns. I can assume it's a bull barrel because it doesn't have a bushing (in the traditional single stack 1911 sense)... It's a Scheumann, that's all I know about it. :blink:

icon12.gif

DJPoLo, maybe it was sinus congestion backing up into your ears and amplifying the noise??? :lol: I hope you're feeling better. :D

oh my gosh... I just received the results from the first IPSC match I shot with this gun. I got my first stage win!!! :D

1 C., Sharyn          5  C  Open        74  0  10.89  6.7952  75.0000 100.00%

I hope this is a predictor of my future with this gun!!!

:D

we were meant to be together... *sigh* :wub:

Sniper, Great job on your stage win. I think the gun is right for you since you are starting to kick *$$. I don't know what I was thinking when I asked that bull/bushing barrel, it's a hybrid so it can't be bushing. Duh :wacko: Congrats again on your stage win. josh

I got my first stage win!!! :D
1 C., Sharyn           5   C   Open         74   0  10.89   6.7952  75.0000 100.00%

we were meant to be together... *sigh* :wub:

Most excellent..

congratulations on the stage..

it is a beautiful things when it all comes together...

keep up the hard work..it all pays off.. :D

Thanks guys!!! :D

If that was a classifier, it doesn't count as a stage win because everybody sandbags classifiers. :) Congrats anyway.

Not a classifier and, true, it was a small potatoes match (Lee D. wasn't there ;) ) but it was my 'home base' club and there are much better and more experienced shooters than me (a couple of them aren't shooting revolvers :lol: ). A milestone for me, nonetheless.

:D