Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

has any one tried a ghost holster

314shane

I never used a DAA but I have a Ghost for a STI. One thing I like about it is it will lock when you move the lever up or down. I always lock it up between stages because you cannot accidently hit the lever. When doing a chair start I lock it with the lever down. When drawing you can use your middle finger to unlock it with very little extra time involved.

I had one and now have the DAA. To me the DAA feels far more secure and locks up solid. They both work the same way basically but the ghost always had a lot of wiggle to it even when locked. The DAA is just made better in my opinion.

I never used a DAA but I have a Ghost for a STI. One thing I like about it is it will lock when you move the lever up or down. I always lock it up between stages because you cannot accidently hit the lever. When doing a chair start I lock it with the lever down. When drawing you can use your middle finger to unlock it with very little extra time involved.

+1

I use a Ghost holster with my Limited Glock. To me it seems just as secure as a DAA. There are 4 adjustment screws used to set the holster as tight, or as loose as you want it. I think the Ghost Holster fits the polymer guns (Glock, XD, & M&P) better than the DAA's. The DAA works better with the 2011's IMO. It's almost like the Glock's, M&P, & XD's were an after thought for DAA. You order a mag pouch from them and it comes with 2 inserts to "fit most magazines". They don't fit Glock mags without modifaction.

I also like the ability to be able to lock the lever in the up or down position.

Edited by Tuflehundon

I have owned both and settled on the DA Racemaster because I feel that is more secure than the ghost. I had my gun come out on a 3 gun stage with the ghost and never went back.

I tried the DDA and did not like it. Had to hit the lock mechanism just right or the gun would not seat in the holster. I much prefer the Ghoist ore the DDA. I have switched to the Safariland 014 and like it better than anything I have used. Very secure holster that protects the gun.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a Ghost Stinger holster since I couldn't get my BladeTech within 2". The only problem I am having is it won't keep it's cant. I am afraid to tighten it too much and strip the threads.

Any suggestions?

I just bought a Ghost Stinger holster since I couldn't get my BladeTech within 2". The only problem I am having is it won't keep it's cant. I am afraid to tighten it too much and strip the threads.

Any suggestions?

Did you Loctite everything?

Any suggestions?

Did you Loctite everything?

It's not the bolts that are coming loose. I cannot tighten up he bottom bolt enough to get the cant to stop changing. It feels like if I tighten that bolt up any more, it's going to break. I could locktite or super glue the spacer, but that seems to defeat the purpose of the holster design.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the Ghost for my STI Open Gun and never got comfortable with it. My pistol came out of the holster twice. I tried adjusting it but still was not secure. Tried to contact support but never got a call back.

I used Safariland for 15 years before trying the Ghost, and now have gone back. Safariland 014 for my STI Open and Glock 35 Limited.

I have both holsters. Daa RM for 2011 and ghost for 1911. The DAA does feel more secure/stable. The adjustments are pretty good, bit i have never been able to get it just right. VERY solid. The super ghost is FAST, but does not give the same peace of mind. Your draw will be perfected, because if you don't get it right, your gun will impersonate an anchor and fall to the ground. Same thing goes for securing it after a course of fire, DAA RM is super secure, the ghost is.... If you get it right. Get it wrong, and you will be out of the match early. You have to WATCH the lock work, its the only way to know it is locked without jumping around or trying to un-holster the gun. If i were to do it again, I would buy the DAA RACER. It doesn't have the aluminum price, and I think the rod is better than the shank from the RM. It also has the thigh pad. If i could mount the ghost on the Racer mount, that would be the best of both worlds.

• 3 weeks later...