Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

July / Aug Front Sight new format

warpspeed

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What made it discouraging before was how Robin Taylor wanted every article written in his format. I can think of at least three articles that were attempted to be sent in and rejected because it was not in the "focus on three stages about the match" format he wanted, so we stopped trying.

That's not an issue anymore... Start writing again!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I was photoshopped out as well, I think it makes the image far less cluttered. The original image is on page 3.

Kim asked me if it was ok to adjust my photo and I was happy to approve the changes.

Well, that explains the shadow behind Jerry :goof:

Yeah, it may be my former career background, but I have an ethical problem with removing data from a photo -- it's a lot like lying....

In fact my first reaction to seeing the cover was "Nice staged photo, too bad they couldn't get Jerry actually shooting the stage...."

So, if that was an actual run -- it didn't translate that way....

Yep, it was an actual run... I don't do staged photos at competitions.

then why is his belt completely empty? No reloads planned?

That was a stage with all ammo staged on shelves, IIRC.

I got my issue yesterday. Looks good.

Yep, it was an actual run... I don't do staged photos at competitions.

That's what I figured. Digital manipulation of "news photographs" is frowned upon in professional circles. (And yes, sports, business, etc. fall into the broader news category, though they are subspecialties.) As far as I'm concerned, Front Sight provides editorial coverage of USPSA, and other issues, pertinent to the organization. I don't know how seriously Front Sight takes editorial ethics -- or if anyone's ever really given it thought/has even a rudimentary journalism background/education -- but I would not be o.k. with them running a manipulated image I had taken....

I'm not throwing this out to flame anyone -- rather to suggest that conversation take place among the editorial staff and or regular contributors....

• 1 month later...