Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good, Better, Best - Competition Pistols

Hey guys,

Just for fun. I was curious about what your opinions are regarding pistols. Being a newer shooter, I've always thought STI and SV were top dog in the world of pistols, but as my knowledge grows, I realize more and more that I know less and less. I know there is no objective way to list a good, better best...so these are opinion-based lists at best.

So, give me your list. Good pistols, Better pistols and the best pistols on the planet. (Maybe not pistols you think are crap or this thread my end before it starts.) Feel free to rank guns where they might be with or without mods or custom work. This is totally open to opinions. Think of it as a buyers guide to guns. If you want your list to be for a specific category like limited or open, go for it. Yes, we all know it's the indian not the arrow, but this would be assuming the indian is the constant in the equation.

It's just for fun... So... Who goes where on your list?

IMHO, a Limited Division 2011 from Cheely Custom or Predator Tactical would be at the top of the Best list.

What I choose to run in Production and 3Gun...an M&P Pro with a custom trigger and KKM barrel...currently the best for me.

good - a gun that is reliable

better - a gun that is reliable and accurate

best - a gun that is reliable, accurate and looks fast

I like the STI platform because it's like the small block Chevy of the gun world (lotsa stuff for it)

My current ride is a Cameron's Custom open gun :cheers: , it's the best

• 2 weeks later...

I own the following four guns and have used them all in Limited division. So for me to rank them based on my personal preference is:

Good - Springfield XDm 5.25"/EAA Witness Elite Match

Better - Dawson Tuned STI Edge

Best - Sig Sauer P226 X-5 L1 with adjustable trigger