Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best holster for open 2011 with C-More?

Why are you worried to use your RM holster? :surprise:

Once it is locked, it will stay in until you release the safety lever.

+1

I've been using mine the last few years, it's not as pretty as it used to be, but it's gtg!

It's one piece of gear I've had zero issues with.

COM (center of mass) holster works very well,excellent retention and top cut for speed.

Been using the COM for quite a while and it by far the best holster I have used for 3 Gun. I like so much I shoot Pistol matches with it also!

COM (center of mass) holster works very well,excellent retention and top cut for speed.

Been using the COM for quite a while and it by far the best holster I have used for 3 Gun. I like so much I shoot Pistol matches with it also!

A COM Holster has been my choice for several years. You can crank down the friction to the point that you can't remove the gun.

Doug

I went from the Ghost to the double Alpha, easier to unlock on the draw and feels more stable. If it is locked its not coming out. I move my holster around to the side for 3-gun so I'm not laying on top of it prone. Also move mag holder to production like location for same reason.

The double alpha has one flaw, on a long road trip in the car the tension backs off, so always check the tension on the block, if the block tension is gone you can set the gun in the holster sneeze and it will fall out, but if it has tension you can dance the rumba and it won't fall out.

I've been using a CR for 3 years without any worries. Just pull through the lock and go. But then again I'm left handed and there aren't many options. Does COM make one for us lefty's?

I've seen a lot of shooters (some of them Pro's) DQ'd for dropped guns in 3Gun with every kind of race holster under the sun. Once in a great while the holster device is broken or incorrectly adjusted. However, the overwhelming majority result from operator error related to a lock on the device, placement of the gun in the device or interaction with a prop.

That said, I've yet to see an open gun come out of a kydex holster made by COM or others. Nothing is perfect and I'm sure kydex is no exception. All I can say is that's what I've seen.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using a CR for 3 years without any worries. Just pull through the lock and go. But then again I'm left handed and there aren't many options. Does COM make one for us lefty's?

Yes they do.

ive been using the COM holster on my open pistol for the last year and i love it. Rick is a great guy too, I was able to shoot ironman with him this past year and he provides great service, even during the match! FYI, I am also a lefty shooter and his holsters are normally ambi.

Edited by Good Looking