Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Switching from Glock to 2011 style?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been back and forth in the last few years due to bills ect having to buy and sell and went through Tanfoglio, CZ, Glock and STI for Limited guns and in order for me goes STI, CZ, Tanfoglio then Glock. I recently bought back my Edge from a good friend I mine and forgot how much I liked it. Will be using the Edge as my primary limited gun. I loved my G34 but didn't care for the G35 because it was to light for me I like a heavier gun at this point. You can't go wrong with any of them its personal preference.

Shot a G34 for 16 months trying to make it work. Picked up a custom CZ and that is all it took. Will never go back to the Glock. CZ fits my hand like a glove. Recoil is nothing. Custom trigger is amazing. Not only am I more accurate at speed, it is more fun to shoot.

My carry gun is still a Glock. Can't beat the reliability. Just won't compete with it. Too hard to go fast beyond 15 yards for me.

Shot a G34 for 16 months trying to make it work. Picked up a custom CZ and that is all it took. Will never go back to the Glock. CZ fits my hand like a glove. Recoil is nothing. Custom trigger is amazing. Not only am I more accurate at speed, it is more fun to shoot.

My carry gun is still a Glock. Can't beat the reliability. Just won't compete with it. Too hard to go fast beyond 15 yards for me.

Same story I have. My Shadow Custom is amazing!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Shot a match today with my G34. Finished fifth out of 105 shooters which wasn't horrible, my point was my Glock was running well. My friend SUFF let me re-run the last stage using his Benny Hill custom 9mm 2011 for kicks after the match to compare. It was an all steel stage, and I beat my Glock time by 1.5 seconds on a 15-18 second stage with no misses. It truly is like cheating. There's no comparison on the recoil absorption of the heavier steel gun, or the trigger mechanism moving straight back as opposed to a fulcrum like the glock & M&P. I think the pull weight was around 2.5 lbs. No comparison. Stupid good.

The only drawback I see is they sometimes can be picky with ammo, extractor reliability, and mags give guys some issues at matches. That and the cost, and a good custom tuned 2011 will run north of $3,000 before mags. Hard to justify that when I'm running a $600 glock 34 with a $35 Zev connector and spring kit as good as most of the guys locally.

I'd love to have one from Mr. Hill one day, just can't afford it now. In terms of performance, no comparison. There's a reason most all of the top shooters run 2011's.

Those who made it from glock to 2011 w/o much difficulty maybe should credit the glock because it helped them to train hard and properly. You cannot shoot a glock effectively if your fundamentals are lousy. Imo.

Edited by BoyGlock

agreed. I see a lot of people who try a Glock and then switch to something else with a "better trigger" only to find out that there fundamentals are poor so it really doesn't help .... I've been shooting a G34 since I started in Jan 11 but recently ordered a CZ Shadow which should arrive at the end of the month. I've spent a lot of time learning the fundamentals and figuring out how to shoot a Glock so I'm looking forward to the CZ ...

I've shot Glocks for 4 years now, made it from C to M in the last 3 years but have decided to make the switch. I shot an Edge at an IDPA match last week after dryfiring it for a few days and it was glorious. Right now I still point my Glock a little bit better but once I have practice behind my own gun I can't see how it couldn't be better in every way.

I've been a 1911 guy from the start, but picked up a glock 17 and then a 34 for 3gun the past couple seasons for the obvious advantages striker fired guns have in dump boxes (and its fun to be mean to them in ways that 3gun is to equipment). I like the glocks and shoot them well...but I still shoot a 1911 BETTER so I'm taking the plunge and having one built by Grundhauser Gun Works.