Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Headstamps GTG?

CZinSC

I've been reloading for a few years, but have never come across these, all three are 9mm:

FIOCCHI USA

HRTRS

AGUILA

They all look good physically, they are brass, not steel, and the primers are not crimped.

Just curious if anyone loads these, or makes an effort to toss them. I've got 5000 cases to sort, and I've come across enough of these in first couple hundred where I need to make a decision to use or toss.

TIA

I know Fiocchi is made in the US in MO. Does yours have the GFL headstamp? Herters outsources not sure about the brass ammo. The Herters steel ammo is Russian. The Aguila is from Mexico. I have loaded Fiocchi and Aguila with 124 and 147 gr fmj with no problems. Loading jhp with a shorter oal's they sometimes won't pass the case gauge but will drop test in a glock barrel. I save them for practice.

From what i've been able to pick up on the interwebs, HRTRS is Herters, and its a Cabelas brand. They are the sole vendor's of the ammo.

I think i will use it, but for practice only.

HI all, I also use Aguila, CBC, Fiocchi(GFL),Geco, without issue for 9mm Major..Never had any problems. The cases that are a Pain are Winchester WCC with their miserable primer pockets!!!

The Aguila brass I've picked up seems to come in two versions, plain and crimped. When reloading the crimped brass with 147's at standard lengths, I get a nasty flare or bulge right at the groove that prevents the finished round from chambering, which may be a good thing since I worry that the case is too weak at that point.

The noncrimped cases load my 147's just fine; they have only the expected "coke bottle/wasp waist" case profile, and chamber ahd shoot as expected.

I routinely cull unwanted cases from the brass I pick up. If the HS is Aguila, I check for and discard any cases with a crimp groove.

HI all, I also use Aguila, CBC, Fiocchi(GFL),Geco, without issue for 9mm Major..Never had any problems. The cases that are a Pain are Winchester WCC with their miserable primer pockets!!!

We should start a letter writing campaign against WCC 9mm brass!

Edited by Red Ryder

I need to make a decision to use or toss.

I have been tossing brass I didn't care for over the past

ten years - but last year stopped tossing it - I now put

it all in a separate box and keep it, JUST in CASE there's

a shortage of brass (like everything else).

I don't load it, but I keep it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...