Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CNC Slide Work - New Gun Build

jid2

When building yourself a custom scope thingy the last thing you want to do is go get your own custom piece of glass - so you start with what you have. Thus this guys lens was stolen from a perfectly good Cmore - so it's the same as we are all used to. MOA is adjustable with the size of hole I drill in the emitter block - I'm shooting for something like an 8MOA. I can calculate battery life once I pick resistor values for brightness. But honestly battery life is basically last on the list of important items.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When building yourself a custom scope thingy the last thing you want to do is go get your own custom piece of glass - so you start with what you have. Thus this guys lens was stolen from a perfectly good Cmore - so it's the same as we are all used to. MOA is adjustable with the size of hole I drill in the emitter block - I'm shooting for something like an 8MOA. I can calculate battery life once I pick resistor values for brightness. But honestly battery life is basically last on the list of important items.

I dig. And I am sure the juice is not the priority I was just curious to know if you were going with the standard 1/3n which we are all used to or another battery. Keep on keeping on!

Edited by StraightUp_OG

Well, scope is not going to make Ironman. I've been up late for going on 1 month now and I need to actually sleep a few days before the match. I've got a set of scraped/ruined parts together and test fit on my airsoft gun, and the good set of parts just needs a few more operations on the machine. Those will have to wait until later.

Here are some pics of it on the airsoft, remember that these parts are the bad ones with poor surface finish or huge gouges from figuring out the work holding.

The progress on the good set of parts.

20130530_0008021.jpg

Test fitting the bad set of parts on the airsoft.

20130530_0008381.jpg

20130530_091053.jpg

20130530_091137.jpg

Edited by jid2

I should say that it feels, points, and creates visibility like nothing else. It is just what I was hoping for, kinda bummed it won't be ready for the match, goal is now shifted to NW Multigun. I need to adjust some features on the thumb rest to make it feel a bit softer as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Not only is that very cool, but you just might have a tiger by the tail if this works out and you can refine it for mass production.

Yep, you are a man among pygmies!

Now this is why there is an open division! ;)

Edited by Bamboo