Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C More RTS

Austin Powers

Hi people !

I finally bit the bullet and fit a RTS + Cheely mount on my trusty SV blaster.

I like it ! No problem finding the dot even in the weak hand standards, improved overall balance (I used to run a "sort of 45°" Barry mount), seems like a good piece of kit.

Let's hope it stands the test of time... A backup is on the "to buy" list just in case.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers

post-24044-0-85431400-1368389080_thumb.j

I like the looks of the setup, that's for sure. I think my STI might get a change soon.

Anxious to hear how it holds up to some blasting!

Edited by pxm142

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people !

I like it ! No problem finding the dot even in the weak hand standards, improved overall balance (I used to run a "sort of 45°" Barry mount), seems like a good piece of kit.

Let's hope it stands the test of time... A backup is on the "to buy" list just in case.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Austin P

hows the dot transition from low light to sunny/brighter enviroment. I understand it self adjust according to the light condition?

thinking of getting one too.

thanks

The RTS seems to run brighter longer than the regular Cmore. The Fov is smaller but nothing you can't get used to. The 7.5 moa looks bigger than it is. If you compare it to a 8 or 12 moa dot it looks bigger. I have both in varying dot sizes. The 3.5 dot is small and I think it's only good for 22 rimfire falling steel matches. BUT everyone uses what they like. I just think it is faster tracking the bigger dot. Easier to pick up swinging thru changing background colors.

Hi people !

Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Austin P

hows the dot transition from low light to sunny/brighter enviroment. I understand it self adjust according to the light condition?

thinking of getting one too.

thanks

Hi

The self-adjust mode is the one I use the most and the dot is still very bright ! I even had to tape a patch to the light sensor to dim the dot a little more on a rainy day...

No feedback yet on a real low light / sunlight transition (like exiting or entering a dark shooting house) but I plan to try that. The zero holds well so far, and 2k rounds later it works like a charm on the stock battery. As an aside the Cheely mount on top of the ejection port avoids gunk buildup on the lens or scope body.

So far, so good...

I like the looks of the setup, that's for sure. I think my STI might get a change soon.

Just put the same setup on my STI. Got about 500rds through it. Dot is changing brightness while shooting even with switch in manual position.

Called C-MORE and sent it back for "evaluation".

Hope to have it back in a couple days.

I like it and hope they can correct the issue.

Cheely mount is great. Very well done!

An you elaborate on the patch deal? I shoot regularly at an indoor match and I could use a little lower setting than the auto seems to think is applicable.

Well, just an ordinary brown patch on the sensor (front) seems to work well enough.

• 4 weeks later...

Just put the same setup on my STI. Got about 500rds through it. Dot is changing brightness while shooting even with switch in manual position.

Called C-MORE and sent it back for "evaluation".

Hope to have it back in a couple days.

I like it and hope they can correct the issue.

Cheely mount is great. Very well done!

Cavy,

Any updates on your RTS, is problem common to the RTS

thanks

Got it back from C-More. They could not duplicate the problem but completely replaced the electronics anyway. Its working great now.

That's good customer service! They could have easily just sent it back to me and said no problem found.

Got it back from C-More. They could not duplicate the problem but completely replaced the electronics anyway. Its working great now.

That's good customer service! They could have easily just sent it back to me and said no problem found.

thanks

Oh and by the way, the French championship went great as far as the gun is concerned (dropped a ton of points on medium course trying to hose it... no podium finish this year... my bad). Running on the same OEM battery since May and 3000 major factor rounds.

I might be getting an open gun for my wife soon, and it will possibly be from a friend who has an older back up built by Matt Mclearn. In order to lighten it up a bit, I was considering going this route since it currently has a serendipity. Any thoughts or potential problems from those that have made the change? She was shooting production with a sp01 before our baby and is getting anxious to get back out there.

Jerry

I have shot both I would stay with the Serendipity

Brian,

would you be kind enough to elaborate on this, because I am also contemplating of changing my worn out std Cmore to RTS

thanks

My RTS functioned fine but I see others posting with reliability issues. I haven't weighed the RTS + mount but I doubt you are saving much if any over a Serendipity which is definitely lighter and better balanced than a slide ride cmore + mount. The dot brightness in the RTS was fine but no better than a regular Cmore. Field of view is smaller for the RTS not only just the smaller window but to me seemed to require a more precise index. The only attribute the RTS seems to have is it does clear up the ejection port