EEH

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

better pict

any one of the black part of the rad.symbol has to be removed to engage the targets,,I wanted to just shoot it on the way to the port...???? can you do it ???

post-14820-0-38857400-1367777541_thumb.j

Edited by EEH

9.1.6 Unless specifically described as “soft cover” (see Rule 4.1.4.2) in the
written stage briefing, all props, walls, barriers, vision screens and
other obstacles are deemed to be impenetrable “hard cover”:
4.5.1 The competitor must not interfere with the range surface, natural
foliage, constructions, props or other range equipment (including targets, target stands and target activators) at anytime. Violations may
incur one procedural penalty per occurrence at the discretion of the
Range Officer.

There are others too that deal with props but I would figure that shooting the prop stick will damage it and remove the equitable factor from the stage due to the increased chance of Range Equipment Failure now.

You might get a little static but the WSB said this:

Note: Inner sections of RAD symbol, three per symbol, open
by physical input from the shooter, allowing targets to be
engaged through the ports.

You would have to convince the staff that a shot fired from your gun is a "physical input from the shooter". You will proabably be classified as a Richard Cranimum, in any case.

However, it looks like this may apply:

10.4.6 A shot which occurs during movement, except while actually shooting at targets. (It looks like you would have to stop to shoot it :devil: )

Throwing a mag may be "safer". Or, mabye even use your weak hand...

I opened it with my weak hand,some poked it out with thier gun,it would fall easy.I did not want to poke it with my gun and have an AD..I was told it would be a DQ.for wilfull destruction of range property..all in all it was a fun stage...some even threw the giger counter at one port..

One competor -GM- ask at the make ready could he knock them out.Since the wsb did not say after the beep ??

8.3.1.1 would make that difficult, but I guess they could still throw spare mags at the openings.

If a competitor absolutely insisted on trying to be a DRL (by shooting out the ports) the RM could Declare a forbidden action. I'm not sure I know of a rule that would support a DQ (I don't see anything in the rulebook about "wilfull destruction of range property.")

10.6.1 would cover it if someone decided to do it after asking and being told no.....

Actually -- deliberately shooting up props "on the way there" -- might be enough for a 10.6.1 DQ.....

That's a different situation than clipping the edge of a port while engaging targets from a distance...

The funniest (on that stage) that I saw was the guy who threw the detector and did not know down any of the port covers!

Not only that, it got in his way so he had to take time for that...

10.4.6 is a top contender if they were moving. 10.5.10/8.5.1 is a possibility since they had their finger in the trigger guard while moving and not engaging targets and would have been the one I used.

If they were standing still, wow, that would have been a tough one!

I remember there was an old rule about shooting props but that has since went away.

Edited by gng4life

With all the talk about how to do it,I saw no one try anything but throw the detector at it and our guy missed to..I liked the stage...something a little different..

Forgot to mention...we have a local rule about shooting props (and trees) that will get you thrown out of the range. The shooter could possibly lose your membership (if a member) and could face prosecution if it is willful and intentional so that could have also played into the mix...

Edited by gng4life

Forgot to mention...we have a local rule about shooting props (and trees) that will get you thrown out of the range. The shooter could possibly lose your membership (if a member) and could face prosecution if it is willful and intentional so that could have also played into the mix...

Sounds like a fun place to shoot.

Craig N, it really is a fun place to shoot but if you would have seen some of crap that shooters have done, you would understand. I really can't go into detail but it just amazes me what people will do sometimes.

One competor -GM- ask at the make ready could he knock them out.Since the wsb did not say after the beep ??

8.3.1.1 would make that difficult, but I guess they could still throw spare mags at the openings.

If a competitor absolutely insisted on trying to be a DRL (by shooting out the ports) the RM could Declare a forbidden action. I'm not sure I know of a rule that would support a DQ (I don't see anything in the rulebook about "wilfull destruction of range property.")

10.6.1 would cover it if someone decided to do it after asking and being told no.....

Actually -- deliberately shooting up props "on the way there" -- might be enough for a 10.6.1 DQ.....

That's a different situation than clipping the edge of a port while engaging targets from a distance...

Where is your thought pattern. No U can't knock down the ports before the start signal. The staged has to be the same for everyone at the start. The RO is they are up to speed will not start the shooter until the stage is reset.

If you shoot them down before you get to them that's an AD. You can't engage targets if you can't see them, You can't shoot at walls and props.

OK shoot me now.

Sounds like a fun place to shoot.

Craig N--it is one of the best run clubs in our area for any match.The monthly matches are well planned,staff is great,thats why I drive 2 1/2 hours to it every month.Thanks to the new match director for stepping up and taking over,thanks George..

If you shoot them down before you get to them that's an AD. You can't engage targets if you can't see them, You can't shoot at walls and props.

Do you have any rules to support those opinions? (Playing devil's advocate here.)

Do you have any rules to support those opinions? (Playing devil's advocate here.)