Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

Just ordered an M3k at a hell of a good price and then ordered a +5 tube kit from MOA for my 11y/o son. Excited for it to get here so we can shorten the stock and get him practicing to start 3gun. looking at possibly getting a P3k built by MOA for me.

Curious what that great price was. Had mine about a month now. Really liking it so far.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$549 shipped. It pays to have friends that work in the industry sometimes. It was the only one they got in and had been on the shelf for a few weeks apparently.

Garmil, thanks for the heads up I am ordering those springs today along with a few other gun parts from TT so I have them ready to install when the gun arrives next Monday.

thanks for all of your Help Mr. Kelley. We found an M3k at a great price for my 11yo and are going to shorten the stock and I already ordered the +5 tube and kick eze pad, then we will try the trigger springs since they are so cheap, going to get the benelli extractor and spring also and let him practice a bit with it and we will send it to MOA this winter for what ever else we find out it is lacking. I am ordering a 26" P3K from MOA for me as soon as they return my phone call, said on the message they were dedicating all employees to the shop this week to catch up on work.

Hey guys, thanks for being patient. We have been a bit behind, but now that my hand surgery is behind me and the doc has released me back to light duty we are catching up. Still way behind on phone calls, though. Remarks on the TTI springs-

We use the TTI hammer spring as part of our trigger work package, and in all competition builds. As long as the gun is clean, the only time we see light strikes with the TTI hammer spring is if the bolt is not fully closed. The heavy factory hammer spring will actually force the bolt closed and still retain enough energy to strike the primer, but the TTI will not. We do not use the TTI trigger return spring on our builds because we reduce the sear engagement. The weaker spring in combination with a short reset makes the trigger mushy, and increases the chance of the gun doubling under recoil. You have to choose between a lighter, mushier trigger (TTI) or a crisper, shorter trigger pull (mechanical trigger job). Combining the two is dangerous.

I just got my M3000 back from MOA this week. Avg of 10 trigger pulls on my Lyman gauge is 5lbs, 10oz. Very crisp and with the after travel screw it feels more like a rifle trigger than any other shotgun I've had.

The trigger spring is cheap, and as long as the rest of the trigger group is unmodified it is a definite improvement. If you order the hammer spring, might as well get both but keep the factory spring. PM me your phone number, as I am about 30 messages from caught up on the phone, and I don't know how far down the list you are :)

Those of you who have the M3K already. Have you been happy with the included extended chokes? Do they seem to pattern well? How about slugs? I know every gun will be a little different. Just want to see if there is a consensus on them yet. Looking at ordering a few extras from briley or someone like an LM, IM, F, Diffusions etc. All help is appreciated as I am a new with the store platform. I am coming from Beretta O/U, Versamax, 1100, and mossberg 835 usage. thanks for the input

We recently got an M3K in that is not already pre-sold, and we will give it a thorough evaluation in factory form before taking it to the extreme limit on port work. It will be a test-bed for an all-out pushing the envelope race gun. I will start a new thread to track our progress, as soon as we are back on track with our backlog of work. Can't jump into a new project when there are customer guns overdue..........

We recently got an M3K in that is not already pre-sold, and we will give it a thorough evaluation in factory form before taking it to the extreme limit on port work. It will be a test-bed for an all-out pushing the envelope race gun. I will start a new thread to track our progress, as soon as we are back on track with our backlog of work. Can't jump into a new project when there are customer guns overdue..........

Great to read your feeling better and going to keep developing stuff.

April was a year of having my MOA gun. ~30 matches and an unknown amount of rounds through it.

I am still very happy with the gun and work done by MOA.

Those of you who have the M3K already. Have you been happy with the included extended chokes? Do they seem to pattern well? How about slugs? I know every gun will be a little different. Just want to see if there is a consensus on them yet. Looking at ordering a few extras from briley or someone like an LM, IM, F, Diffusions etc. All help is appreciated as I am a new with the store platform. I am coming from Beretta O/U, Versamax, 1100, and mossberg 835 usage. thanks for the input

I've seen no downsides to the chokes. Slugs patterned well in Cyl choke. Federal 1oz 1550 @ 40 yards. I know there are lighter options out there, just used what I found for reasonable prices and was satisfied.