Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

Jesse,

Are you still running the OEM follower? I haven't taken the front of the loading port up as far as you... yet.Just don't want to end up with a paperweight.

The stock follower in my gun is the same as in my Benelli M2. So I left it as is. I am going to try a Nordic components follower to see if it helps load any faster.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse,

Are you still running the OEM follower? I haven't taken the front of the loading port up as far as you... yet.Just don't want to end up with a paperweight.

The stock follower in my gun is the same as in my Benelli M2. So I left it as is. I am going to try a Nordic components follower to see if it helps load any faster.

Also I see you changed sights, is the factory sight threaded? I am looking for a replacement.

Is there anyway of setting this gun up so that when you stuff the mag full you can pull the bolt and get the mag to release and load the chamber? My FN operates like that and wondering if I'm missing something or have to use the shell release(bolt down on empty chamber start)

Thanks

Mildot

If you start empty chamber you always need to hit the shell release and leave a shell on the lifter when you stage your gun. That way when you pick it up you rack the bolt handle and go to work.

You won't be able to load the tube without the bolt closed either.

Last tip. If you run the gun dry during a stage and close the bolt on an empty chamber. You can load the mag tube and then simply pull the trigger to release a shell onto the lifter rather than search for the little shell release button.

I guess I failed to ask the question correctly. If I have to start with a "unloaded" gun what is the fastest way to get up and running. I am now thinking of using a match saver, grab the gun slip the round into chamber from match saver, then load to capacity?

Thx for the Help

Mildot

Anyone who was curious the thread pattern is 3-56 for the front sight. I just fit a hi-viz spark III on mine and ut is a huge improvement

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Did the hi-viz screw right in or did you have to re-thread? Also, where did you pick your's up?

Is there anyway of setting this gun up so that when you stuff the mag full you can pull the bolt and get the mag to release and load the chamber? My FN operates like that and wondering if I'm missing something or have to use the shell release(bolt down on empty chamber start)

Thanks

Mildot

If you start empty chamber you always need to hit the shell release and leave a shell on the lifter when you stage your gun. That way when you pick it up you rack the bolt handle and go to work.

You won't be able to load the tube without the bolt closed either.

Last tip. If you run the gun dry during a stage and close the bolt on an empty chamber. You can load the mag tube and then simply pull the trigger to release a shell onto the lifter rather than search for the little shell release button.

I guess I failed to ask the question correctly. If I have to start with a "unloaded" gun what is the fastest way to get up and running. I am now thinking of using a match saver, grab the gun slip the round into chamber from match saver, then load to capacity?

Thx for the Help

Mildot

They usually won't let you start empty chamber bolt open.

This was a outlaw indooor match, you could stage the gun in any unloaded condition you choose. So for conversation sake. If you were doing a "unloaded"start with bolt closed with a tube capacity of 12 and dropping quads, you would grab the gun and do? 1. Load the mag full and try to find the shell release catch, cycle the bolt. 2. Load the mag full, pull the trigger and cycle the bolt.?????

It screwed right in I bought that sight because it came with several other posts with different thread patterns. I bought mine at Mills Fleet Farm. It was on clearance for $7.50 so I figured it was worth a shot it came with 3 extra fibers too.

If you mean empty chamber, loaded tube then do what Jesse said—when you stage the gun, hit the carrier release and stage a round on th carrier. Now grab the gun, rack it and go shoot.

If you mean fully empty gun—no rounds in the chamber or tube—here's what I do. Stage the gun and still hit the carrier release. There is no round to stage on the carrier, but tripping the release means that when you rack the bolt, the bolt locks open. When I grab the gun I rack it to open the bolt, then mount it on my shoulder and grab a deuce—one in the port, bang the bolt release, second in the tube. Then keep loading quads/deuces until I am ready to shoot. It's really no slower than any other way of topping off the gun when you pick it up.

Ok you guys are killing me finding this at local stores I haven't been able to find one at all locally. Anywhere online that usually stocks them at a good price?

Online:

Euro Optic

Gun Broker (although most are private sales or from Euro Optic)

Able Ammo

Or check Stoeger's website for Stoeger dealers near you. If your local Stoeger dealer does not have one in stock they should be able to order one and get it in a week or so. 24" is the hardest to find, but my dealer said he could order one and get it in less than 10 days (confirmed with a call to the Stoeger rep).

I shot my first match with the Stoeger today. It ran flawlessly thanks Tom for the nut and bolt handle. My setup was a 28" M3000 with a +8 tube moa precision nut and charging handle. I dremeled the loading port and it loads quads like a dream!

Ok you guys are killing me finding this at local stores I haven't been able to find one at all locally. Anywhere online that usually stocks them at a good price?

My local gun store only had 26" and 28" M3000, :angry2: Guess I will have to order the 24"

My local gun store only had 26" and 28" M3000, :angry2: Guess I will have to order the 24"

The 26" is just fine!

The 26" is just fine!

Really I was thinking it may be to long but you are the PRO. Mr. Kelley which one do you shoot with?? and for what it is worth you are the reason I sold me JM 930 man :)

Edited by Oskino

I bought the 28" and I have no complaints what so ever. I run the plus 8 tube for 12+1+1 capacity, if you are going with a long tube I see no reason not to go with a longr barrel, your tube is already making shooting from ports a little more cumbersome a extra 4 or 6 inchea of barrel won't hurt.

PRO is an overstatement to be sure. However 26" guns are just fine and we have some top rate shooters running 28"

The shorter lengths have a history in OLD rules from a match that no longer exists.

I shoot many different lengths. Just happens that my 24's have tubes that would be flush with a 26" so with that, a 26" if handed to be would be

good to go!

ok th

PRO is an overstatement to be sure. However 26" guns are just fine and we have some top rate shooters running 28"

The shorter lengths have a history in OLD rules from a match that no longer exists.

I shoot many different lengths. Just happens that my 24's have tubes that would be flush with a 26" so with that, a 26" if handed to be would be

good to go!

ok thanks a lot PRO :) I will go with the 26" and the price is also right 449.00. And one last question is the Benelli Super Nova Nordic ext I need to get for the mag tube??

The Nova nut is "hit and miss". I highly recommend to just buy the nut from MOA(check vendors area) and be done with it. Its every bit as nice as the Nordic nut and will require no mods to your gun.

Edited by Ryan N

The Nova nut is "hit and miss". I highly recommend to just buy the nut from MOA(check vendors area) and be done with it. Its every bit as nice as the Nordic nut and will require no mods to your gun.

ok thanks but I am not familiar with MOA?/ could you send me a link?