Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Regarding the Power Factor Show's "Look at the New Rule Book&#

GmanCdp

A very good and well planned Aprils fool joke went bad with a lot of members that decided to take the video at heart...Rick and Steve scoop the rest of the gun media by previewing the new IDPA rule book, and boy, are there some surprises! Circle the wagons, take a load off, and enjoy, pardner,was the headline to the video.. I think they did such a great job and thought it was just awesome how they kept a straight face.. I wanted to post the link to the show for your enjoyment..

This is from the IDPA forum website:

Regarding the Power Factor Show's "Look at the New Rule Book"

[ -]

Tags : None

Hello,

Recently the Power Factor Show did a spot where they took a look at the new Rule book. It was meant to be an April Fools Joke. They were making an attempt at humor and this is not the rule book.

As of this time, only the Tiger Team, The Board of Directors, and HQ staff have seen the new rule book. Again, the power factor show was an APRIL FOOLS JOKE.

There has been quite a few emails and telephone calls to HQ. Many of them were horribly rude. Please do not call HQ and beat up poor Allison the way some members have. This is a horrible thing to do to such a nice person.

AGAIN, THE POWERFACTOR SHOW WAS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE.

Please leave the HQ staff alone, they had nothing to do with this and do not deserve to get the abuse that has been heaped upon them.

link to video below

http://www.powerfactorshow.com/

The joke was obvious to me when he claimed to be holding the new rule book and it was obviously a phone book.

It was pretty funny overall.

I could spend a whole entire lazy evening watching Youtube videos and be more entertained and "informed" than with regular TV.

i loved the part reloading the six gun Colt with a 1911 mag..LOL.. and the 18 round max round limit on the cowboy belt was good..

If it hadn't been obvious before, that should have been the giveaway. Even one of the hosts mentioned that a Colt SAA takes .45 Colt, not .45 ACP.

The most interesting part of all this is having to explain it as a joke, and Ted Murphy cross posting on all of the revelant IDPA Forums to clarify that it was a joke.

If you have to explain that it was a joke, you have some work to do on the official rule book.

i loved the part reloading the six gun Colt with a 1911 mag..LOL.. and the 18 round max round limit on the cowboy belt was good..

If it hadn't been obvious before, that should have been the giveaway. Even one of the hosts mentioned that a Colt SAA takes .45 Colt, not .45 ACP.

LOL... Also trying to suggest that a Coonan 357 mag would work or a desert eagle mag..The 50 cal DE mag may come close..

I just thought it was well played by Steve and Rick..

The most interesting part of all this is having to explain it as a joke, and Ted Murphy cross posting on all of the revelant IDPA Forums to clarify that it was a joke.

If you have to explain that it was a joke, you have some work to do on the official rule book.

Funny or sad?

Edited by Ted Murphy

I hope this thread is a spin off of the april fools joke. Hard to believe folks are that gullible.

I was hoping they were keep the opening theme. I like the old tyme theme way better than the adult motion picture music.

The joke was obvious to me when he claimed to be holding the new rule book and it was obviously a phone book.

It was pretty funny overall.

I could spend a whole entire lazy evening watching Youtube videos and be more entertained and "informed" than with regular TV.

That was actually NOT a Phone Book, but a Fund Raiser Coupon Book sold by Schools to raise funds for the PTO's!!

I have a pile of them here at home.

Wow, I would have thought the 2"-thick "rule book" would have been an obvious clue. And if not that, then the mandatory knee pads. And if not that, then the swapping of weight limits in CDP and ESP. And if not that, then the . . .

Well, you get the idea.

Not even the "Happy April 1!" was enough?

Sorry for any grief caused to anyone by our attempt at a bit of humor.

Rick

We're here all week. Try the veal and don't forget to tip your waitress! :-)

It is sad that some people thought it was real. However, that shows this was a well-played prank.

Personally I loved the use of an Entertainment Book as the new "rule book". (and yes, it was very obvious it was an Entertainment Book)