Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shifting the Clock

bountyhunter

Well, I think the whole thing is confusing and disorienting and it messes me up twice every year. That's twice more than I'm capable of dealing with. It's stupid and useless... everyone bitches about it. Let's put it on the ballot and be done with it!! :angry:

I would not mind saving all that daylight during the summer if they would spend some of it during the winter to make the days longer. Somebody is making out like a light bulb but darn if I can figure out where all that saved daylight is going....

I would not mind saving all that daylight during the summer if they would spend some of it during the winter to make the days longer. Somebody is making out like a light bulb but darn if I can figure out where all that saved daylight is going....

Could be worse, they really have a trade inbalance up in Alaska. All I know is that right now it is getting harder and harder to get up at 5:30 every morning. Fricking 28 degrees out this morning! :o

I sure hope Flexmoney does not delete this before anyone gets to read it, but I would vote for putting the whole planet on UTC. ;)

And then you'll have to remember that the shops bit east or west only open at 03:00 or 16:30 to start their business.....

-------------

DST sucks though....

I actually enjoy the extra hour of daylight in afternoon. I really don't like swapping twice a year. Just leave us on the DST.

But then alot of folks, my wife included, say, " I hate driving to work at 1130 UTC (6:30 am CDT) in the dark!"

Oh well....

dj

But then alot of folks, my wife included, say, " I hate driving to work at 1130 UTC (6:30 am CDT) in the dark!"

That is one thing goios about changing the clocks. I hate it when I driver both to work, and then back home in the dark. If I don't get outside during lunch time, or a short break, I can go days without even seeing the sun. THAT BLOWS!

It's crazy when you live in Indiana (we're on Eastern Standard Time year 'round), and all of the surrounding states change their times, plus one is on Central and other three are on Eastern!

Hawaii is another state that does not observe the silly clock manipulations.

I actually enjoy the extra hour of daylight in afternoon. I really don't like swapping twice a year. Just leave us on the DST.

I'm all for saving daylight all year long. DST all the way!

Sure going to work in the dark sucks, but leaving work in the dark sucks more.

Yeah! Just tell us when to all jump up and down at once.

Or maybe we can get that Rutan guy to slap a hitch on one of his new everyman space-shippies and they could pull into place while they're out there zooming around in outer space. Anybody know what size ball is on the North Pole?

Why not just take the tilt out the earth's axis? 12 months of spring/fall. No nasty winters, no oppressively hot summers. Constant 12 hours of day/night all year. Problem solved.

I'm reminded of...

"What is the average air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

And no matter what size hitch is on the North Pole, according to McManus's Third Law of Trailers it is NOT any of the available sizes you have available ;)

Remembering some of the first club matches after I became a MD, I'm ROTFLMAO!

Our range uses trailers dedicated to the individual pits, with all stage supplies including walls loaded on 'em, that are stored in 40 foot cargo containers....

That extra hour of sunlight every day makes my lawn grow faster and I have to mow it more often.

You're kidding, right?

-Chet

NO!

I also hate the fact that God put sunrise at such an early hour. The sky is beautiful at sunrise, I don't know why it has to be so early in the morning?