Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You don't need to show up early in the morning. Below is the schedule from the website: http://108.167.145.143/area6championship.com/registration/

Saturday/Sunday Competitors

noon – 5:00 pm, Friday April 19th at the Range

6:00 – 9:00 pm, Friday April 19th at Match Hotel (Wingate)

7:00 – 7:30 am, Saturday April 20th at the Range

noon – 1:00 pm, Saturday April 20th at the Range

All competitors should attend one of the shooters meetings that will be held Friday April 19th at 7:30 am or Saturday, April 20th at 7:30 am (all AM Shooters) or 1:30 pm (PM Shooters).

Shooting Starts

* Friday at 8:00 am

* Saturday at 8:00 am (AM Shooters)

* Saturday at 1:50 pm (PM Shooters)

* Sunday at 8:00 am

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still a few spots available - spread the word!! The sponsor support for this match has been overwhelming! We have many generous donations that will be given away through random drawings -- including 11 guns from various Sponsors (Glock, Springfield, FNH, Sig Sauer and Velocity Training) and 6 - 1911 frame kits from STI. Wow!! This is all in addition to this being a cash payout match!! *We will also have a separate drawing for one gun with all proceeds going to the RO Appreciation Dinner. Support the volunteers by buying your tickets during registration - only $5/ticket. As always - please remember our sponsors when the time comes for you to purchase products or services. Please consider them first. Thank you! And safe travels to the match... Donna

• 2 weeks later...

shooting friday, and working the other days.

Anyone headed through Jacksonville on Thursday? Plane should be getting in at 1035 and I'm looking for a ride down south. happy to reduce your gas cost :-)

I shot stage 11 the classifier running into the opposit box, went to plant me foot and stop. The only thing that saved me from busting it was the outer fault stick that stopped my slide. I shot a HF of 6,8299 = 71+%. That beats landing in the MUD.... Lol

Long cleats were a plus for sure. Had to switch shoes for the suspension bridge stage.

The range and stages held up pretty well considering the amount of rain that came down Friday night and Saturday.

From my point of view shooting all day Saturday the match was well run. Even with the weather and the extra time it takes to score bagged targets we started our last stage only 20 minutes late.

Stage 4 was pretty easy to break 180 on. Looks like we lost 15+- shooters, so about 4%. I wonder how many of them were for the 180 on 4?

Overall a fun match with some good stages and great staff.

Edited by ktm300

DQ's that I know of were 1 on stage 6 Sunday (180 break) and one on stage 9 Sunday(180). plus at least 5 on Stage 4(one of the AMU).. I think there were 2 or 3 more on stage 9 all weekend.. It was a great match for sure... I RO'd stage 6 all day Friday. The H&K team was great and shot all through the rain.. We had one Extractor Detonation Friday with minor injuries.. He got 4 or 5 stitches and shot the rest of the match Sat/Sun ... It was my first area 6 and I will be back!

DQ's that I know of were 1 on stage 6 Sunday (180 break) and one on stage 9 Sunday(180). plus at least 5 on Stage 4(one of the AMU).. I think there were 2 or 3 more on stage 9 all weekend.. It was a great match for sure... I RO'd stage 6 all day Friday. The H&K team was great and shot all through the rain.. We had one Extractor Detonation Friday with minor injuries.. He got 4 or 5 stitches and shot the rest of the match Sat/Sun ... It was my first area 6 and I will be back!

Extractor or ejector?

I went back and looked, there were a total of 20 DQ's so more like 5.3%

I saw 3:

a shot in the ground < 10' on 9,

the gun going off while reloading on 4,

and a 180 by a left hander shooting production on 9 doing a reload going to the right.

We had one Extractor Detonation Friday with minor injuries.. He got 4 or 5 stitches and shot the rest of the match Sat/Sun ... It was my first area 6 and I will be back!

I would love to know where his hand was when the detonation happend.

Thanks to Linda and the rest who put on the Area 6 match. Had a great time at a great match. One of the more well balanced/ thought out matches ive shot in a long time.

Had long range steel but wasn't a sniper match. Had blaster fast stuff but wasnt a hooser match. Had stages with options but wasn't a go find them match.

Yikes! That would seriously suck...stitches on your tounge? Hope he/she heals quick and stays away from spicy food!

Do you know if it was a .40? .38? 9mm? Was it during ULSC?

Looking at the scores Mr. Pruitt must have really smoked on the Bridge Over Troubled Waters stage. Next closest open shooter (KC) was nearly 18% behind.

I must say it was a mess and a blast at the same time. The weather was nasty on Saturday. Most of the stages were great! I think it was run really well. I also enjoy getting decent prize money this time..Better than last year for sure! Thanks to the Whole staff!

I would love to know where his hand was when the detonation happend.

The stitches, from what I heard and saw... were not in the hands/arms...

I took the shooter to the hospital & brought him back. NO STICHES. Cuts in the mouth & tongue bleed a lot, but tend to heal really quickly, compared to cuts in your skin. The rush to the hospital was not for stitches, but for antibiotics. When blood meets the bacteria in the mouth, there is a potential for a very serious disease called bacterial endocarditis. It can damage the heart muscle. He also got a tetanus shot since he was out of date. As a precaution they did a lower facial X-Ray to be sure there was no residual metal splatter in his mouth, tongue or jaw.

He continued to shoot the match when he came back to the range, joining his squad.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Area 6 Director - and retired Registered Nurse