Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun for Production

kdj

About 1111 euro's in Germany. (I just looked where the picture originated.)

Brand new development as it has not appeared on the Tanfoglio webpages.

I wonder isn't it time for a weight limit in IPSC Production? :D

John

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "arms race" certainly seems to be heating up in Production.  :(

They should have a capacity limit of 15+1 rounds in IPSC PD. That would take care of it I think :ph34r:

Gee, seems to me USPSA solved that by imposing the ten round limit. And I'd prefer ten to 15 every day.....

USPSA Production: Any autoloader in any caliber holding 10 rounds can be effective.

IPSC Production: Any autoloader achieving x rounds of 9mm only can offer an advantage. X can vary from month to month....

The "arms race" certainly seems to be heating up in Production. 
They should have a capacity limit of 15+1 rounds in IPSC PD. That would take care of it I think

It is the firearms manufacturers that are the ones coming out with products that the ipsc community want! So I believe that it is a good thing and will benefit everybody in the long run.

B)

I'm trying to justify the cost of a reload. Is it worth the cost of the new tanfog with it's 21-round capcity and not having to reload anymore?

Frankly, I wish we had a 10-round limit. That way, I have more choices in guns for PD.

...on second thought, naah! ::P

I made it out to a gun store to fiddle with the various guns that are on the short list.

I didn't like the feel of many but both the CZ-75B and the B92 felt good. Given all the other factors, I think the CZ is the way to go for me.

Neither the upcoming model nor the 85 are on the infamous CA list, so that makes the choices simpler.

Next question: If I buy an out of the box CZ-75B, who do I then take it to, to take maximum advantage of the production rules and make it the best gamer gun it can be B)

Thanks,

Kevin

IF I had my desires in production I would do a couple of things,

1 Limited the capacaity to 15 +1 stop the magazine race it is not neccessary anyway we have proved that with the 10 rnd in the US.

2 Limit the overal cost of the Firearm to say $750.00 US Retail as a stable bench mark

3 Unloaded weight limit

4 Bring back the box

Now the manufactuerers would have to come out with their latest Limted gun with a DA trigger and only be able to charge say $750.00

Lets face it folks I really though PD was going to be a sort of Grass roots division allowing shooters to get onto the field for a smaller amount of money maybe $900 in total.

It is going far beyond that, I was realy enjoying the "retro" IPSC, reminisenent of single stack 45 without the bang.

Now there is becoming way too much "STUFF" going on.

Hey some one do me a favour when it stop and they decide what to do someone email me the new rules.

my .02

Frankly, I wish we had a 10-round limit. That way, I have more choices in guns for PD.

McOliver, my thoughts exactly.

Eye Cutter, I think it's good that manufacturers develop new guns that are "better", but I don't like the fact that some good guns become "obsolete" because there is not enough room for bullets in the magazine. Beretta 92, CZ-75, H&K USP, etc. All good guns, but handicapped, because they only have 15+1 :(

One thing I missed in the advices given is the placement of the safety.

Some people suggested some S&W models, or the Beretta 92.

I personally would never go for these pistols, as they have the safety mounted on the slide. This is just a personal thing, it is nothing functional.

My first gun ever was a Taurus PT99. I still prefer that one over a Beretta, because of the slide-mounted safety on the Beretta.

That Tanfoglio Stock looks really nice though.

Personally I want to buy a Sig 226ST some time, but that is just because I *gotta* have that gun :-)

If the gun is solely used for production, why would the placement of the safety matter? If all is well, the shooter will never have to manipulate it during a course of fire.

If the gun is solely used for production, why would the placement of the safety matter? If all is well, the shooter will never have to manipulate it during a course of fire.

Me don't like'em because they'll rip your thumb while attempting a lightnin' fast Tap-Rack-Bang... <_<

Apart from that, since a slide-mounted safety usually act as a decocking lever too (e.g. Berettas, Tanfoglio R models, some Taurus, etc.), you'd use it at the start of each COF. ;)

:huh: I've never encoutered any stage where the safety had to be applied after the beep. So it seems pretty realistic to me.

iPsc and usPsa and all that ... realistic during course of fire doesn't mean realistic in real life ...

That thread drift aside, I like the CZ safety because I can rest my thumb on it just like that of a 1911. On a B92 I can't do that.

Vlad

iPsc and usPsa and all that ... realistic during course of fire doesn't mean realistic in real life ...

This thread started with a request for advice on the perfect tool for USPSA production, so I claim that "Real Life"tm is largely irrelevant :P

Kevin

does uspsa production division limit magazine capacity to 10 rds even if you have hi cap mags?

You can use higher capacity mags, just can't load them past 10... right?

Magazine capacity retrictions Yes, 10 rounds maximum in magazine

Guys,

My statement about realism wasn't about realism as in real life.

It was about Spook saying "if all is well, you shouldn't have to manipulate the safety".

I find that not realistic.

Things tend to go wrong now and then and I try to count that in beforehand.

And it's not solely about having to manipulate the safety itself, it's also about manipulating a slide with a safety on it.

I manipulate my slide gripping it on the back, so any safety mounted there annoys me.

That was what I was trying to point out as an advice to consider when looking for a gun. Nothing more, nothing less.