Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun for Production

kdj

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that under USPSA Production rules, you can put any type of sight you want on your gun, as long as it is of a notch & post.

List of all the USPSA Production approved guns from CZ:

CZ 75 (all SA/DA and DAO models), CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical, CZ 75 SP-01, 85 (all models), 97-B, 99, 100, 101, 110, P-01

Interesting discussion. The CZ-75 with all the bells and whistles is a front runner. I thought about the 85 and wondered why I couldn't find one to look at.

It doesn't seem to appear on the CA handguns list, so I guess that means it's out for me? :(

Ah well, more choices would only have confused me!

Kevin

Ill second the number 2 as false, TGOs production gun is a custom shop XD with a bomar sight.

He says it was done by the custom shop...so it seems you can cut a new dovetail if need be.

makes me think about bomars on glock

I have a CZ75 B-SA in 40 that I had Mike at CZ do a trigger job on.  Is that approved on the production gun list?

Looks like you are looking for USPSA rules (not IPSC rules, which can be slightly different).

You can view the the upcoming (with the new rule book) Production Gun List on USPSA.org (Your gun should be legal). And, there are no restrictive rules regarding internal work on the trigger for USPSA (in IPSC, there is a requirement that the trigger pull measures 5lbs. or greater for first shot/DA).

Looks like you are good to go.

[edit] Looks like your gun may be Single-Action only? If that is the case, then it's not legal for Production in USPSA or IPSC.

Burying Bomars (or any other sight) by milling the slide is legal in USPSA Production. If you are so inclined (there are great fixed sights available for the platform, so I choose to stick with the toguh fixed sights).

I got a peep at Angus' sights while at the Nationals. They would be on the top of my list if I were shooting a CZ. And, it's easy enough to break the sharp edges on the corners, if needed.

I know it is only 5 minutes with a file to dehorn the sights, my objection is that the folks making the guns/sights presumptivley have some experience shooting them. Anyone who has drawn from a holster and torn their shirt with a rear sight, or has lacerated their palm doing a tap, rack, bang at speed can look at those sights and see the problem. Simply calling it a Competition sight makes it no less sharp.

Kudos to Kimber for making a rear sight that shows some thought, and Novak, Heinie, etc. for making a sight that is ready to go without hacking on it. I think if people really want razor sharp rear sights they should have to buy a rounded one and sharpen it with a file, instead of vice versa.

Sorry for sounding grumpy, none of this is directed at you Angus. And I have cut the heck out of my hand on these sharp buggers in the past.

End of thread drift.

I have a CZ75 B-SA in 40 that I had Mike at CZ do a trigger job on.  Is that approved on the production gun list?

Looks like you are looking for USPSA rules (not IPSC rules, which can be slightly different).

You can view the the upcoming (with the new rule book) Production Gun List on USPSA.org (Your gun should be legal). And, there are no restrictive rules regarding internal work on the trigger for USPSA (in IPSC, there is a requirement that the trigger pull measures 5lbs. or greater for first shot/DA).

Looks like yuo are good to go.

Hmmmm..this gun is not DA but SA all the way.

Looks like yuo are good to go.

Hmmmm..this gun is not DA but SA all the way.

Single-action? Yikes. I was afraid of that, but didn't have time to go look it up when I posted. :(

Production, of coures, means no single-action only guns.

DDog, I'm sure that the one that Angus has rules, but if he doesn't yet sell it, the one from Northpass/Hi-viz is decent and works well with the factory rear sight. It also just drops into the funny CZ sight cut. I would have liked the dot to be smaller, but I sure like it better then the factory front sight.

Vlad

First deliveries of the SP01 should be with us first of next year and will probably debut for the US market at the Shot Show. At writing the intention of CZ is to have CZ GHOST sights fitted to the next production run of these pistols specifically aimed at the civilian market.

Footnote these sights will available from CZ and CZ USA thus making them legal for IPSC & USPSA production, no change is neccessary to the slide of the pistol. Therefore they can be retofitted on all CZ 75 excpt those cut for the LPA adjustable sight.

Sights can be see here

http://ghostholster.com/cz_home.htm

Angus you have any idea what mags do the SP-01 use. Do CZ 75 mags fit on this pistol??

Production gun? If you're playing under IPSC rules, you may want to think what 21+1 rounds can do and consider this: ;)

mc_o,

what a pistol! i wonder if this is the model used by team armscor at the production nationals last weekend <_<