Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun for Production

kdj

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Just got my next years Production gun, Tanfoglio Stock-Custom.

Here in Finland price difference between Glock and Tanfoglio is around 300 euros. Tanfoglio Stock-Custom is based on P19(combat) and it has same magazines which takes 17 rounds. Grip is bit thinner than Limited HC but othervise they look and feel the same. Slide and frame is 1,2 cm shorter than Limited HC and the trigger is curved for double action first shot. I shot my first 100 rnds last weekend and it feels great to shoot :wub:

Timo Mc

p226_xfive_03.jpg

Specifications P226 X-FIVE

Calibre: 9 mm Para, .40 S&W

Conversion kit: 9 mm Para available

Sight base: 182 mm/7.17"

Barrel length: 127 mm/5.0"

Measurements (LxHxW): 224x149x44 mm/8.82x5.87x1.73"

Trigger pull weight: adjustable, SA approx. 1.0 – 1.6 kp/2.20 – 3.53 lbs.

Trigger distance (trigger to rear handle): adjustable, 75 – 65 mm/2.95 – 2.56"

Weight incl. magazine: approx. 1340 g/2.95 lbs.

Magazine capacity:9 mm Para - 19 rounds .40 S&W - 14 rounds

X-Five Standard Features

Extended slide for 5-inch barrel

Extended frame

Manual safety on both sides

Adjustable trigger pull weight

Adjustable trigger distance

Adjustable trigger stop

Short trigger path

Wide curved beavertail

Jet funnel

Cross-grooves on front of the frame

Magazine extension made of light metal

Low adjustable sport sights

Grip grooves on front of the frame

Undercut front sight

Wooden grip plates

my mistake: i thought this pistol was offered in DA/SA. it would be a very nice set-up for PD, though

P226_Xpress_01.jpg

Specifications P226 XPRESS

Calibre: 9 mm Para

Sight base: 165 mm/6.50"

Barrel length: 112 mm/4.41"

Measurements (LxHxW): 197x146x41 mm/7.76x5.75x1.61"

Trigger pull weight: approx. SA 1.6 kp/3.53 lbs., DA 4.3 kp/9.48 lbs.

Weight incl. magazine: approx. 1195 g/2.63 lbs

Magazine capacity: 15 rounds

Equipment:

Slide catch lever sport

Decocking lever sport

Standard magazine catch

Hogue rubber grip plates

Standard features on the XPRESS:

Trigger tuning with internal trigger stop

Sport sights LPA SPR

Rubber coated magazine floorplate

Sport barrel (diam. 15 mm/0.59")

P226_SL_01.jpg

Specifications P 226 SL

Calibre: 9 mm Para

Sight base: 160 mm/6.30"

Barrel length: 112 mm/4.41"

Measurements (LxHxW): 197x139x37 mm/7.76x5.47x1.46"

Trigger pull weight: approx. SA 1.6 kp/3.53 lbs., DA 4.3 kp/9.48 lbs.

Weight incl. magazine: V 1180 g/2.60 lbs.

Magazine capacity: 15 rounds

Equipment:

Standard handling parts

Standard contrast sights

Polymer grip plates

Standard barrel (diam. 13,5 mm)

Internal trigger stop

Standard magazine

Eye Cutter,

Where do you find more info on the X5, I went to the Sigarma site and couldn't find anything. Just looking at it it, it looks like it is a single action (look at the trigger pull weights!), as such it would not be legal for production division. If it is production legal, I may need to consider getting one for the day I get bit by the production bug.

Thread drift

Why aren't integral magwells standard on all pistols?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Leo, I've only shot the Stock Custom in 9mm and thought it was an excellent pistol, suiting my small hands perfectly.

The only critisisms I have after shooting a couple of stages with it (its a friends, not mine) is the double action really needs some work, its much heavier than necessary, and the safety doesn't click into place like a 1911. It just sits there, nothing to retain it like the plunger we are used to. (I know you won't use the safety in Production)

The other thing is cost, its about twice the price of a regular Tanfog Combat, which to me is much more in the spirit of Production Division.

P.D.

Nothing beats an 18.9 - its the hands down superior platform for a non-glocker. And I have a G-35, and HK Expert amongst others - The Para is out right supremacy in Production. Just load fluffy, heavy 147 grain bullets to about 127-130 PF with an 11 lb recoil spring - end of story.

:)

jkushner wrote: "Nothing beats an 18.9 . . . - end of story"

Unless you value short trigger reset. Try this: compare the 18.9 to a gun with extremely short reset like an 85 Combat - particularly since the 85 Combat is factory equiped with a trigger overtravel screw - and see if the 85 Combat's SA trigger does not feel a whole lot like best triggers in Open & Limited i.e., the light, tuned, 1911 trigger. I think the 18.9 is an OK production gun. I simply do not agree that it is (without a doubt) the best.

Looking forward to the long, heavy dust cover CZ, the SP-01. I expect it will do well in Production division.

Once Angus spills out his secret on his 19-rounder CZ mags, I don't think people will still consider the Para9 LDA due to the price difference alone. And the first time I tried the LDA, I kept short-stroking the trigger because of the double reset clicks. Why is it like that?

No doubt splits suffer somewhat. But you learn to adapt. Somewhat like a revolver - I stage then break - after a while your splits will be pretty close to an SA. On local and regional levels, wheel guns domniate the steel scene which is testimonial that they can be shot fast and accurate. With all that said, my Limited gun is a CZ IPSC ST, so I am a big CZ fan - and I have some of the Fancy 1911's -custom STI, etc - but I still shoot my CZ for Ltd. By the way, Robin Taylor is now making a +2/3 base pad for the CZ 16 round .40 mag, I forget what that equates to in 9mm add'l rounds.

Sincerely,

Jon

:)