Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun for Production

kdj

With regard to that spanky new CZ-75 SP01 Tactical, any chance it will be legal for Stock Service Pistol? I know they have allowed rails, but not full length dust covers, so this is a grey area, at least in my mind. Any guesses or info?

Also, saw some plugs for the CZ-85 combat, how about the Tanfoglio L model. Seems like a good choice, although not sure if it's available here in the US or not.

jm

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anybody interested in the new Tanfoglio Stock Custom for Production Division, the Tanfoglio website has been updated with new items and graphics. It sports a mirroring english section, and all details on the new guns.

Have a look. ;)

I haven’t tried the tanfoglio stock custom yet but I heard that it has outstanding performance for production class gun. It is very well balanced, heavy, have good sights, good ergonomy (very similar to CZ), and nice sport barrel.

• 2 weeks later...

This answer I got from Trkulja Milan:

You are very correct stating that the CZ 75 SP-01 pistol is not available for the sale to the commercial customer . Nevertheless, CZ already produced more than 600 pieces of this pistol model well prior to the European Championships in Oparany. This was for end-user from the law enforcement area. On this said basis the pistol in question was approved by IPSC Executive for the PRODUCTION Division usage in 2004. The CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical pistol was shot at Europeans by Angus Hobdell from U.K. He came second to Adam Tyc. Nevertheless, Angus beat Adam in the "Shoot-off" finals. Just for your information, Adam Tyc, who won the Production Division title at the Europeans with Glock 17 pistol just switched to the CZ 75 SP-01 pistol and joined the TEAM CZ.

The next production run of the CZ 75 SP-01 pistols will be completed in a second half of November 2004 and could be available in your area in the first quarter of 2005.

photo-3646.jpg

Powerman, I shot the new Tanfog on the weekend.

Not an extensive test but a couple of mags, one slow fire and one on a stage. I loved the feel of the gun, the grip was awesome and it balanced very well for my taste.

I don't know much about double action triggers, so I can't compare with much, single action was brilliant, but I hated the double.

The gun came with the magwell (HSC Custom) fitted, I'm not sure if thats production legal.

What struck me was the reaction of others I showed the peice to, almost dismay when they were told it was a Production pistol.

P.D.

Thanks for all the helpful advice given in this thread.

I bought a CZ-75B over the weekend ... and this being CA, I get to play with it some time next week :(

All in all, it seemed like the best compromise given what was available.

Now, to break completely with the spirit of the production division and immediately send the gun out to be worked on, trigger especially :unsure:

Kevin

I hadn't shot CZs in years, but while we were at the CZ factory in the Czech Republic (arranged courtesy of the Angusn-Man...much thanks!), I got to shoot the heck out of everything. I thought the SP01 was a super pistol...fit my hand well and shot quick. In the absence of the full-auto CZ-75s (I begged; I cried; I whined...Milan sympathized and bought me lunch), it ought to rock for Production.

Still, my LDA 18.9 is a very, very slick gun. I just ordered a bunch of standard capacity magazines for it, because--in addition to competition--I think it's a heck of a "bedside" gun.

Right now, I'm re-evaluating my concealed carry battery (which I realize is off-thread, but there's a point to this) for the first tiem in a decade. Because I'm traveling so much, so matter how much I try to avoid it, the guns get bounced around. My extremely nice 1911 guns DO NOT like being bounced around (for example, if you're flying with a gun every week, sooner or later those natty fiber optic sights are going to be HISTORY). I've been looking at SIGS, especially after handling one of the Bruce Gray 226s. A stainless 226, with that extra weight and a Bruce Gray trigger job is a MACHINE! I understand that all currently manufactured SIGS will accept the DAK slick triggers--all the rage in law enforcement/military circles these days) when SIG catches up on the law enforcement market and slips some into commercial channels.

Anyway, I think if I go to an old SIG P225 or a new P239 for carry, I might get one of the stainless 226s and give it a try in competition.

mb

Got the chance to try a friend's CZ last weekend. I noticed even with 9mm, it flipped higher than my 1911 firing major 40 cal loads. Granted my 1911 weighs a ton, there was something about the gun that didn't feel right. Now, I'm more inclined to go back to the glock (gasp!)...if only getting warranty work for it is much easier back here... :(

Got the chance to try a friend's CZ last weekend. I noticed even with 9mm, it flipped higher than my 1911 firing major 40 cal loads. Granted my 1911 weighs a ton, there was something about the gun that didn't feel right. Now, I'm more inclined to go back to the glock (gasp!)...if only getting warranty work for it is much easier back here... :(

ahem ahem...i believe that was my cz :P

it does flip higher, imho, as long as the grip is correct/neutral, its nothing critical. heck, i shoot better using my 85b than with my G17..or is it just a matter of preference :blink:

ahem ahem...i believe that was my cz :P

it does flip higher, imho, as long as the grip is correct/neutral, its nothing critical. heck, i shoot better using my 85b than with my G17..or is it just a matter of preference :blink:

LOL! Several weeks with my thumbrest and finally a chance to try another gun without one. Even with the puny round my weak thumb was lost and was frantically trying to find something to hold on to. :lol:

Am I correct in thinking that the CZ75 Standard IPSC would be legal in Production? I didn't see an exclusion on the approved list. The bonus would be using it in L-10 or Limited with the hi-caps.

Thanks,

Ray

Never mind. I just had a good look at the specs... it's a SA.

Bruce Gray does the best trigger jobs on Sigs, hands down! Bruce did the trigger on my 226ST a while ago and it is "the s**t". Silky smooth and great reset. The best DA/SA trigger Ive ever felt. This was the final reason I chose the Sig 226ST to start shooting Production with.

Hi,

My first choice would be a glock the gun has lots of advantage (easy to handle, not manual safety’s, always the trigger and price :D )but not g34 this not a production gun.

but you don't like glock so I would go with Sig P226

cheers

chris

I tried my friend's EAA 9mm this weekend after the match and it was sweet. It is a heavy gun, the sights hardly lifted from the target. The trigger may need some work though but I am seriously considering this gun for production. BY the way it is cheap too.