Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

svi rear sight

tanfogliocoe

They aren't going to make you any more accurate than a Dawson. Are they built better? I don't know, but I can tell you that I wouldn't expect more than a Dawson would provide. If you want to pay a lot more for it to say infinity, then go for it.

I've done that exact same thing before, but I'm all about looking better than I shoot.

While some foks have had good luck with Dawson sights, I broke 3 Dawsons in six months. First the front pin came out, then elevation screw broke (twice). Bought an SV competition and have had no issues. I like the removal of the corners on the competition sight. Dawson makes GREAT products and I'm sure they make great sights. Maybe my gun didn't like the sight!

Worth the $$. Not only do I have them on my SV's....(what a shock, right), but I have had them put on many of the high end 1911`s of my friends and clients. You might have to call Brandon to see what one is right for you but worth the effort to get the right one.

They are worth the money. I've broken Bomars, Dawsons, and STIs. They offer different height models for SV or Bomar cuts so plan accordingly.

I've got around 15K on my 6" and the sight have never lost zero nor has the pin ever walked out. They are rock solid.

I am planning to use the SVI rear sight on my new 2011 build. What should I use for the front FO sight to match? Thanks

Use a SV FRont sight as well. Brandon creates a cut under the fiber optic and polishes the cut to reflect even more light. If you like a fiber optic rear sight he does the same thing. Also, as stated, these parts are made from billet and made in Texas!

rear.jpg

The rear is available in the standard Bomar cut or a Infinity low profile cut.

Lee

• 7 months later...

I realize some might consider me a bit bias.....however, I have used other brands before I had SV put one of their first produced rear sights on my limited gun. Have them on all my 1911's and have ordered them for many other clients 1911's as well. Yeah, they cost more than some but as in most things in life, you get what you pay for. They sit lower (how I like them ) allowing for my guns to fit the IPSC box with no issues at all including the 5.4 inch Sight Tracker and +2 old style wedge base pads on 126mm tubes.

Roy

Team SV Infinity/Smith Optics Shooting Team