Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Green Mountain Range Bags +

cybrosh

Not to beat a dead horse but how hard would it be for range bag manufacturers to add a rubberized bottom to their bags? All it'd take is either a rubber coating or a hard plastic shell that covers the bottom and maybe 1-2" of the bottom sides of the bag.

Have you thought of spraying the bottom with Plasti-Dip?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you thought of spraying the bottom with Plasti-Dip?

I have but I sure ain't going to experiment on a $150 bag!

I might give it a try on my old bag, just to see how it works. I think I've got one of those little green GI tool bags around here someplace. Maybe I'll try it on that.

I just ordered a bag from Green Mountain bag for my son so I know they are in business. I have used Green mountain bags (2) in the past 13 years. I had a Waller at first until all the zippers went bad and Waller wouldn't fix them even for a charge. They would be happy to sell me a new bag though. When I called Green Mountain for the 1st time to order a bag I told the Waller story. Green Mountain offered to fix the Wallers if I sent them in. I declined but will never forget the offer.

They are sized just right for me. I get all my stuff in them but not the kitchen sink. BTW I have never had one of their zippers fail.

I have been using a Green Mountain bag for about 8 years. It is sort of beat but structurally very sound. I have not seen any hint of zipper issues. The only issues I have with the bag is that the end pockets could be a tad bigger. I can't quite fit my old ProEars in them w/o trying to rip off the little wind screen button over the mic holes. The shoulder strap has shown the ability to come unsnapped once in a great while. The only other thing that I can think of is a user issue: make sure the zippers are up on the mag pocket or you may find yourself re-cleaning some mags! :angry: As for rain performance, the last time I had it out in full rain. the top prevented the innards from getting soaked. I had it on a table so it did not have to sit in water.

Later,

chuck

I just ordered a bag from Green Mountain bag for my son so I know they are in business. I have used Green mountain bags (2) in the past 13 years. I had a Waller at first until all the zippers went bad and Waller wouldn't fix them even for a charge. They would be happy to sell me a new bag though. When I called Green Mountain for the 1st time to order a bag I told the Waller story. Green Mountain offered to fix the Wallers if I sent them in. I declined but will never forget the offer.

They are sized just right for me. I get all my stuff in them but not the kitchen sink. BTW I have never had one of their zippers fail.

I had the opposite experience with Waller about two years ago. I had a bag with a broken zipper. It had been sitting around for a couple years because I was too lazy and cheap to pay to get it fixed. When I finally called him, he had me ship it out and replaced it with a brand new bag at no cost. Can't beat that.

I have three Green Mountain bags (all three sizes) and I have nothing but good things to say about them as well. I had to call them because one of may bags had a problem with the mag pouches and they sent me one right away and free of course. The do have great customer service and their bags just seem to last for ever!!!!!! not to say that the other bags are not as good. CED bags look cool but have not touch one myself. I have seem the I-Shot bag and they seem well made.

That's my $.02

I may be the last person on this forum carrying a green mountain bag. Yes, they appear to be still in business (read, "the website is still up."). I like it for two reasons.

I've been using the game Green Mountain bag for over 12 years. The shoulder strap clip broke once, but they gave me a prompt, free, and vastly improved replacement. I never examined the Ishot or Shooters Connection bags since they were both introduced after I got the Green Mountain bag.

I have seen a few Green Mountain bags around here. I might have to check them out. I will be needing a new bag soon.

Hey, they will even do some embroidery for you (Custom Big Bag) and you can chose your colors/trim. Cool! That seems like the ticket. I like the way the compartments are designed, too.

Edited by Jack Suber

I have seen a few Green Mountain bags around here. I might have to check them out. I will be needing a new bag soon.

Hey, they will even do some embroidery for you (Custom Big Bag) and you can chose your colors/trim. Cool! That seems like the ticket. I like the way the compartments are designed, too.

I've got a bag on order and will hopefully have it sometime this week. If anybody following this thread would like some detailed pictures, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Back then when I was trying to reach Green Mountain, I sent them a few faxes and called but no reply. I think there was a big storm at the time that shut them down for awhile. Anyhow, found someone who knew them that told me to wait. They then came back to me, and took my order.

What can I say...I love the bag. I use two bags. Wouldn't trade it for the world! Great quality, more than the average shooter needs. I think it's worth a 150$, but that's just me.

Cy'.

I have had a Green Mountain Bag for several years. No problems, no real signs of wear.

I want to try a Shooters Connection bag, but this one won't wear out, not a hint of a problem. And I do try to put too much stuff in it.

I ordered the "big bag" first, but it has soo much room I was throwing everything in it and then it just got too heavy to carry. So then I ordered the "original bag" both of the bags have custom embroidery on them. I had the American flag and my name stitched in both bags. :D

Edited by Carloz

Well, sounds like I'll be ordering a Green Mountain Bag. The stitching on my SC bag is starting to come apart (of course it is 6 years old and has been all over the country and to South America a few times). It is a little too big for what I want now. I like the compartments in the GM bag and the fact that it can be made in custom colors and embroidered - saves me time.

Where is that @**$% Fedex truck? It's 0717 hours and I'm getting impatient!

Sir, Please calm down. hahahha

I have gotten that way before when I was waiting for my PS3 to get to my house. I about drove to UPS place itself and see if it was there.

I have gotten that way before when I was waiting for my PS3 to get to my house. I about drove to UPS place itself and see if it was there.

What's a PS3? Is that that little FN carbine that fires the 5.7 round? :lol:

Edited by Tokarev

It's here and it's BIG. Maybe too big?

My initial reaction is that the bag is fantastic. It's got lots of pouches and pockets and all the guts are removable so the bag should be easy to configure to my needs. I like being able to pull everything out for easy cleaning, too. Quality of the materials and workmanship looks to be top notch.

If anybody is curious, I'll be happy to get some pictures and get them posted. Just let me know.