Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Green Mountain Range Bags +

cybrosh

Hello everyone,

1. I've been sending Green Mountain several emails and received no reply, yesteray their server crashed a couple of times. I'm just wondering if they're active?

2. Plus, I'd like to get some feedback from people who own their bags. How would you rate them?

3. And for the rest, what do you think is the best range bag in the market today(Tournamnet)? Waller? CED Tournmanet XL? G.Mountain? Bag Master? Upland?

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be the last person on this forum carrying a green mountain bag. Yes, they appear to be still in business (read, "the website is still up."). I like it for two reasons.

1. When I keep it clean, I can find everything.

2. It doesn't allow me to put so much stuff in it that I can't pick it up.

Liota

I've been using a Green Mountain bag for the last 10 years. I've been happy with it and it's still in good shape after having been used regularly for all that time. The zipper on the gun/magazine pocket broke last summer and was fixed free of charge. They used to use a weaker zipper.

Louis

As much as I liked my Shooter's Connection bag, which still serves as a tool/parts/ammo bag for big matches, I like the I-shot big bag better as a carry around the match bag. If you're a revolver shooter, even part time, make sure you order the Revolver version, which gives you the option of replacing the eight mag pouches with an insert holding speedloaders or moon clips.

I may be the last person on this forum carrying a green mountain bag.

Liota, You're not the only one.

I own three Green Mountain bags. Two are in semi-retirement, but only because I have a custom purple bag now. :)

For me, the Shooter's Connection Tournament bag is too large to carry at matches. Though it should easily handle anything you want to take to a practice session.

Kenny

Gorrila,

The Shooter's Connection tournament bag=CED XL Tournament bag.

Based on what? Pics? I can't find any info online. It wouldn't surprise me if CED discontinued it because they're providing the bags to SC. The Professional bag looks kinda like a scaled-down version of the SC bag... I'll give you that much. ;)

You won't find the bag on CED's website.

Based on Chuck from Shooter's connection, and Saul Kirsch from Double Alpha Academy. Chuck gave CED permission to sell his bags outside north america, they come with CED emroidery on them.

I've used a green mountain bag for 10 years, its kinda like goldielocks and the 3 bears, not too big, not too small, just right.

as the other have said, the bigger the bag, the more you put in it. the more you put in it, the more it weights, when I was younger, that didn't bother me much, now ever pound counts.

what ever bag you get, do yourself a favor, get it in any color execpt black or dillion blue, the first time you put it down surrounded by black and blue bags, you'll thank me.

I may be the last person on this forum carrying a green mountain bag.

Liota, You're not the only one.

I own three Green Mountain bags. Two are in semi-retirement, but only because I have a custom purple bag now. :)

For me, the Shooter's Connection Tournament bag is too large to carry at matches. Though it should easily handle anything you want to take to a practice session.

Kenny

Kenny,

You'd think as much as I drool over that purple bag of yours, I would remember that you carry it. Of course, if you keep leaving that cute purple STI with the cool yellow racing stripe outside port-a-potties, I would have to buy a purple bag to carry the gun in after the adoption. :D

Liota

You won't find the bag on CED's website.

Based on Chuck from Shooter's connection, and Saul Kirsch from Double Alpha Academy. Chuck gave CED permission to sell his bags outside north america, they come with CED emroidery on them.

Aha... roger that. Thanks for the 411. :)

I also have the Green Mountain bag. I've had it for about 4.5 years now. I broke the zipper on the bag 6 months ago and sent the bag to Green Mountain for repair. I received the bag back 7 days later new zippers installed and the bill was $0 for the repair and shipping. I have nothing but good things to say about that company. Needless to say I will continue to use the bag. It's great.

as the other have said, the bigger the bag, the more you put in it. the more you put in it, the more it weights, when I was younger, that didn't bother me much, now ever pound counts.

I started to have that problem and then said: "OK, what do a I really need in this bag?"

Unloaded a bunch of superfluous crap that I can load back in if I think I'll need it. Now I have extra room for a three-course meal, gold ingots, a small child, etc.

• 3 years later...

Green mountain stands behind their bag with an insanely excellent warranty! And they honor it. If Chuck sold the Green Mountain bag (along with his own SC bag) he'd sell a ton of both of them because he's Chuck and we all like him.

Green Mountain bags are good stuff!!!

FM

In a different thread, I asked if anybody was making a weatherized range bag. I didn't have much luck finding a bag that had any type of lining, stitching, etc. that was made to protect the bag from wet weather. With that said, I decided to order a Green Mountain bag since the top is a zippered flap that runs around the lid of the bag. I think this type of closure should seal the central portion of the bag better than the double zippered flap offered by the competitors.

In a different thread, I asked if anybody was making a weatherized range bag. I didn't have much luck finding a bag that had any type of lining, stitching, etc. that was made to protect the bag from wet weather. With that said, I decided to order a Green Mountain bag since the top is a zippered flap that runs around the lid of the bag. I think this type of closure should seal the central portion of the bag better than the double zippered flap offered by the competitors.

Correct! :cheers:

FM

Not to beat a dead horse but how hard would it be for range bag manufacturers to add a rubberized bottom to their bags? All it'd take is either a rubber coating or a hard plastic shell that covers the bottom and maybe 1-2" of the bottom sides of the bag.