Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mowing the yard

Shooter Grrl

Don't you have David for all this kind of stuff (and for the record...I don't care about a broken limb...get 'er done!....Just kidding).

Too, don't y'all have a tractor for this stuff?

Bay Area suburbia is sounding pretty right now, huh. $40 to the local gardener and we're good to go!

Rich

TriggerT I only have 3 acres. You win - now come mow for me :)

Richie... big guys says "bite me". (For the record, it's the 70+ hrs at work that makes it impossible for him to get it done, not the cast!)

And yes, I have a tractor. I've called every damned gardener in the area and they all told me they weren't taking new customers.

I just don't wanna spend 4+ hours in the heat smelling cut grass - blech!

And yes, I have a tractor. I've called every damned gardener in the area and they all told me they weren't taking new customers.

I just don't wanna spend 4+ hours in the heat smelling cut grass - blech!

Sounds like you need a bigger tractor. :P

Louis

Well I'm back - the mowing is done! I definitely need a bigger tractor! I only have a 42 in deck, and it's weak too, but today - I put her in high gear, and the blades up high too. It's, shall we say, trimmed :)

3 hours, start to finish, just mowing, and not done well!

What the hell's a Velke Lawn Ski Nick?

Kath 1.3 acres, half of which is grass. I sounded fun when we bought the place, but now......

I starting to visualize myself tooling around on a JohnDeer with one hand on the wheel and the other on a homebrew. :P

Vicki and I have almost 2 acres to mow. We dreaded the mowing part due to also having 38 trees in the lawn, 2 gardens, propane tank, rock pile, storage sheds, odd shaped driveway, house and fenceline, and 100 yards of ditch. We bought a 50" Dixon RAM 50 zero turn mower with a 22 horse motor. (and a cup holder!) The thing is so fun to drive, we now fight over who gets to mow!!! It takes us a little under an hour and a half, because of the obstacles. Plus, the only color it comes in is Dillon Blue!

A herd of goats might be cheaper..................